15Likes
  • 11 Post By Cricket
  • 4 Post By Cricket

post #1 of 2 Old 03-25-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
When We Disagree

When We Disagree-kindess.jpg

We all have different opinions. That's real life.

Can you imagine how boring things would be if we all agreed on everything?

I encourage open discussions. It is how we all learn.

That being said, woodworking isn't an angry debate, even when we disagree.

When a member asks a question, the odds are very good that there will be a wide range of answers, some of which may be the complete opposite of what you believe. When we see a post (in the responses) that we don't agree with, it is not up to us to prove why their response is right or wrong, or why we think our response it better. Doing so will only confuse the original point of the discussion. Sometimes there is no right or wrong answer. It is up to the original poster to determine which response makes the most sense to them.

Treat each other with respect.

Respect For Others In The Community

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
gmercer_48083 (02-21-2019), JamesTinKS (07-28-2018), Jay C. White Cloud (03-25-2018), Onefreetexan (01-27-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-23-2019, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
More About Bickering

I don't know how many more different ways I can say this. The bickering simply has to stop. We are all either part of the problem or we are part of the solution. It doesn't matter who said what. We can CHOOSE not to respond to the nonsense, report it, and then simply scroll past it all. If we engage in the bickering we are absolutely part of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

We all have different opinions. That's real life.

Can you imagine how boring things would be if we all agreed on everything?

I encourage open discussions. It is how we all learn.

That being said, woodworking isn't an angry debate, even when we disagree.

When a member asks a question, the odds are very good that there will be a wide range of answers, some of which may be the complete opposite of what you believe. When we see a post (in the responses) that we don't agree with, it is not up to us to prove why their response is right or wrong, or why we think our response it better. Doing so will only confuse the original point of the discussion. Sometimes there is no right or wrong answer. It is up to the original poster to determine which response makes the most sense to them.

Treat each other with respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post

In this community members are expected to treat each other with respect at all times.

There will always be disagreements and fusses between members. It is simply human nature. We truly encourage members to discuss and openly share their thoughts on a topic. It is how we all learn and life would be pretty boring if we all felt the same way.

That being said, this is not grade school. We don’t gang up in little groups to take sides or encourage others to do the same.

If you were at a local get together and got into a disagreement with someone, I am guessing you would take it outside instead of ruining the party for everyone. I expect the same here.

If you are not able to discuss a topic respectfully then you need to remove yourself from the topic. If you are unable to discuss a topic with a specific member then you need to choose to ignore that member or take the discussion off the boards. If you are unable to do either of these things, I will help you to do so.

"Show respect even to people who donít deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode