Wet/Dry Vac suggestion - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

View zlzhao's Photo Album My Photos
Question Wet/Dry Vac suggestion

Setting my workshop, any suggestion on Wet/Dry Vac for dust collection in under $200?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 AM

View mveach's Photo Album My Photos
I am using a vac for dust because that is what I have. picked one up for $5. You can get a HF dust collector for under $200 If you have the room. If not just pick up 10 to 20 gal vac that has good cfm
post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 11:18 AM
ACP

View ACP's Photo Album My Photos
For under $200 I would get a big Ridgid. I love mine and it works very well. I started out using drywall bags for collection because they are so good at getting the fine dust, but I recently switched to those $25 Cleanstream filters. The bags get expensive after awhile, so the larger investment up front has saved me a lot of money. They don't gum up and are very tough with a high level of filtration. I just take mine out and blow it out everytime I dump the thing and it looks like new again. That being said, I have the HF DC too and if you can get a dedicated DC, this one can be had for $140 with a coupon from Wood Mag.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACP For This Useful Post:
zlzhao (03-16-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Thumb Nailer

View dbhost's Photo Album My Photos
Mind you, a wet / dry vac should be PART of your dust collection solution. I can go a LONG way to keeping your shop clean, but will do very little to keeping your shop air clean...

For under $200.00 I would grab...

Ridgid WD1851 RIDGID 16-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac. $149.00 and a Ridgid VF6000 5-Layer Allergen Filter (HEPA rated) for $29.97. Take some scrap ply, a steel or heavy plastic drum, and build a Thien separator for it... Best money you can spend IMHO...

Interested in my woodworking, workshop and whatnot? See http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, want to see my other interests such as hunting, fishing, off roading, and camping? See http://wildersport-outdoors.blogspot.com
post #5 of 5 Old 03-20-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

View zlzhao's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhost
Mind you, a wet / dry vac should be PART of your dust collection solution. I can go a LONG way to keeping your shop clean, but will do very little to keeping your shop air clean...

For under $200.00 I would grab...

Ridgid WD1851 RIDGID 16-Gallon Wet/Dry Vac. $149.00 and a Ridgid VF6000 5-Layer Allergen Filter (HEPA rated) for $29.97. Take some scrap ply, a steel or heavy plastic drum, and build a Thien separator for it... Best money you can spend IMHO...
Got ridgid one, can also use on car, nice!

Sent from my iPad using Wood Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode