Woodworking Talk banner

Simple Air Filter

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  CheezyRiderAZ 
#1 ·
Here's a little something wanting to build for a little while now.A facebook friend shared this with me and for my small shop I think it's a simple fix for my needs.My shop is 10x20.Oh and it's made from some old computer desk and tv stand panels I've been keeping.I watch on craigslist under the free stuff catagory for this stuff with the intention of robbing the hardware,knobs,hinges and drawer slides but always disassemble them and keep the panels,even the drawer parts for projects like this.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good! I built a similar one last year and it works just fine for me -

Attachments

#6 ·
I use 2 of these in my shop, and have them plugged into switched outlets for my overhead lights. 1 switch has half the overhead lights, 1 fan and a radio. The other switch has the other half of the lights and 1 fan. The switches are on separate circuit breakers.

#7 ·
You can see where mine is plugged in so that was really convenient. And I mounted it upside down so I can easily reach the 3-speed switch. The fan is located on the outfeed side of my table saw so no danger of bumping into it; besides, it's 6'4" to the bottom and I'm 5'10".

#8 ·
I was thinking of getting and actual air cleaner and wasn't thrilled with the price of those....and then saw these. AT first, I thought, yeah, right...like that's going to work... But after seeing the dirty filter on difalkner's--- WOW !!! Off to Walmart for a fan and filters !!

Ridiculously simple and effective !!! LOVE IT !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.