HF DC + Dust Deputy - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 10-13-2017, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

View Rhaugle's Photo Album My Photos
HF DC + Dust Deputy

Hey all,
I'm thinking about upgrading my current shop vac system to the portable HF DC motor and would still like to use the Dust Deputy. Has anyone done this? Using 4" lines with an adapter for the Dust Deputy? Or would running the suction through the DD (going from 4" to 2" and back to 4") really kill the air flow and not be worth it? I would only have 2 or 3 drops to the tools... 2 to the table saw (upper and lower is the plan), and 1 with a flex hose to move to the benchtop tools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-13-2017, 01:51 PM

View Catpower's Photo Album My Photos
Going to 2" would really limit the effectiveness of the system, you would be better off getting the Super DD
post #3 of 3 Old 10-13-2017, 03:01 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
for something completely different ....

Do not get the 1 HP HF dust collector, not enough air flow.:frown2:
The point of the DD is to keep the shop vac filters clean, right? Why not just get several Rigid shop vacs which are a good bang for the buck and skip the dust collector entirely? I bought several shop vacs at Home Depot when they were on clearance for around $50.00 or so. I use them hooked up to the small ports on the bandsaw, the oscillating spindle sander, power hand sanders, and the RAS ports.

I only use a full size 1 1/2 HP DC for the table saw, drum sanders, jointer and planers where the chip size is larger and would clog up a shop vac hose. I've tried various top hat and cyclone separators without much success, so I end up cleaning the filters more oftwen, Oh Well.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode