DC Addition advice: - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 07-24-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

View MCD4x4's Photo Album My Photos
DC Addition advice:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to add an additional 4" line off my 6" line. The problem is I can't get there with 6". I need to dip down through my work bench to hook up with a 17 Bandsaw. There's no other way to get there. I drew a picture illustrating my plan. Any insight would be appreciated. I don't want to build it if it won't qork. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-27-2017, 08:12 PM

View Carl10's Photo Album My Photos
MCD,

Not sure the question..yes it will work. How well, or shall I say how badly it performs will depend on how far away and what kind of DC is on the other side of the 6". You will be much better off running 2 4" lines to the BS in parallel from the 6". When you choke down the 6" to 4", your airflow is reduced so when you split it back up at the BS you are splitting the already reduced flow.

Hope that helps.

Carl
post #3 of 4 Old 07-28-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

View MCD4x4's Photo Album My Photos
Carl, thanks for the reply. I have this DC http://www.grizzly.com/products/3HP-...Series/G0562ZP
And it is about 15' and three elbows away. With 6" up to the point where the picture discribes the 4" dropping off to the BS. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-28-2017, 09:03 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
I don't use the DC on my bandsaws

I use a shop vac on my 14" and 18" bandsaws, and I put the collection nozzle right under the table where the saw dust is generated. The shop vac has a much higher velocity air stream than the DC and so it works better to collect the fine dust generated by a bandsaw. I use the DC for the dual drum sander, thickness planers, jointer and table saw all with the 4" ports.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode