Charles Neil taper Jig - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 08-11-2008, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
Charles Neil taper Jig

This is a cool taper jig. I mentioned to Charles I would like to post this here and he said he'd love to have it here, so here you go. The best table saw taper jig I have seen.

You need some time to watch the video but it's worth it. Don't just watch the first one minute because after you see him use the jig you think you have it, but you don't. He gives alot small details you need.

Also, ckick the link below to get an a pdf file full of details about making the jig, full size patterns, and a list of every supplier you need right down to the last nut and bolt. All the instructions, plans, and parts source list for free . . . not a bad deal.

Materials List And Reference Manual For Online Video

Last edited by TexasTimbers; 03-30-2010 at 10:49 AM. Reason: embedded new youtube code
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Woodworking Noob

View Maveric777's Photo Album My Photos
Very cool trick! I was wondering just the other day how that was possible and was going through my head (over and over) how to do this safely. That just took all the guesswork out of it.

Thanks for throwing that out there Timbers.......

Those who decide to forget the past are destined to relive it.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Over the hills n far away

View Ledhead's Photo Album My Photos
This does look like a great taper cut jig.
I've been running it thru my mind how to incorporate a taper cut jig into a table saw crosscut sled. Instead of a separate jig to sit on the sled, this jig could be drilled right into the right side of the sled. You'd have good cutoff piece support too (cutoff wouldn't fall off jig after completing the cut). You would be limited in size of piece by the distance between front and back fence.
Does this sound like a good idea?

Dale
Wentzville, MO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode