Working Wood - a life-long hobby - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 05-11-2008, 02:01 AM Thread Starter

View claudius2u's Photo Album My Photos
Working Wood - a life-long hobby

Good to see timber millers here! I just love finding woods with unique qualities, like the time I was given a wind-toppled, mature black oak, that had large limbs with extensive, black-colored mistletoe root tracks in the light-toned wood, and the American Chestnut trunk section that I discovered laying pretty well preserved in a Pennsylvania bog, and another standing, dead specimen about 36 inches in diameter for some 8 feet of stump. Beautiful!

Currently, where I am employed as a temp, I've salvaged a pure balsa-wood pallet, with 1 inch and full 2 inch boards, plus numerous mahogany-type wood specie boards. My next move is to find a rental shop where I can create wood items to my heart's content!

With oil topping $125 a barrel now, I am planning a waste-wood fuel-to-electricity setup, to sell power to the local utility, and create power vouchers for those who cannot pay for heating. The Internet is filled with methods to produce mechanical power using fuel-wood, so that part of the development is already ready to go.

A suitable property in the rural Tacoma, Washington area, with suitable financial backing is my next quest. anyone having a heart for elderly people having a rough time paying for Winter heat, who wants to give assistance of any kind - ideas, pointers to working wood-fueled power generation setups, financial tips, or other relative info are welcome to share!

I found this forum as I searched for 'wood gas engines.'!

Claude Armstrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-11-2008, 04:51 PM

View dirtclod's Photo Album My Photos
Hello Claude,
I'm new here too.

I curious what plans on the wood to elec. you have so far and why you chose them over others?

That project would be interesting to watch develop. What form will the wood take? (Sawdust, chips, etc.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode