Total "Tools and Woodworking" Newbie from MN - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Absolute Novice

View MN Wild Fan's Photo Album My Photos
Total "Tools and Woodworking" Newbie from MN

Hey everyone,

I've never really been exposed to tools much. We didn't have much in the way of a shop class in school, and my dad was more of a white collar guy, but I've found myself wishing I knew more about how to craft something by hand rather than shopping for it online or at ikea.

Looking to pick up a table saw sometime in the near future to start on some smaller projects, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way.

I've been checking out the local craigslist looking for that "killer deal," but thus far it's been elusive. I'm hoping to get something new or lightly used in the 500-700 range, but I also need to get basically everything you would need too, so that's kind of limiting. (Looking at a table saw, router, some clamps, glues, and various other bits and bobs.)

Well, back to CL to see if anything new was posted in the five min it took to type this!

Thanks - and I'm looking forward to gaining some knowledge and valuable tips here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 PM
Making sawdust in MS

View rayking49's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome and good luck in your hunt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode