A "Rookie" Joins the Forum... - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Professional Woodturner

View Steve Russell's Photo Album My Photos
A "Rookie" Joins the Forum...

Hello to the group,

I just found this site today and registered. I've been a professional studio woodturner for more than 13 years (Eurowood Werks Studio) concentrating on production bowls, platters and hollow forms. In the last year and a half, I have slowly transitioned my studio away from so much production work and I now concentrate primarily on artistic work.

I'm a prolific writer on woodturning related subjects (more than 150 articles published to date) and I have published two books and three videos. I'm also a technical author for the Guild of Master Craftsman's "Woodturning" magazine, which is published in London England and more than 60 other countries around the world.

When I'm not in the studio, I enjoy digital photography and video, as well as learning the nuances of lighting and scene composure for photography. If I can help any of you with woodturning related questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, or post a question on the board. Take care and best wishes to you and yours!

Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steve Russell
Eurowood Werks Studio
The Woodlands, Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 06:20 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Talking Welcome Steve,

Very impressive resume, there guy,for a "rookie" heh...heh You are in good company being from Texas, it seem like half the folks on here are as well. Like they always say "lets see some photos of that beautiful work" There is a post on "posting photos" if you are not familiar with the process and also FAQ's have the proceedure for creating albums. You'll like it here we are all friendly ...except for the meanies! bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Steve, we're glad to have you join our forum. Look forward to your input and hopefully you'll post some eye candy in the Project Showcase section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-03-2009, 11:56 PM

View Tony B's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome aboard Steve

I'll have to drive up to the Woodlands and see your work some day.

Tony B

Retired woodworker, amongst other things, Sold full time cruising boat and now full time cruising in RV. Currently in Somerville, Tx
post #5 of 6 Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 PM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
Steven D. Russell ?...boiling wood to dry it kinda guy ? See people never believe me when I tell them that. But you did a book/video about it. It works.

Last edited by Daren; 05-04-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: no reason, hit the wrong key ;0
post #6 of 6 Old 05-04-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Professional Woodturner

View Steve Russell's Photo Album My Photos
Talking Guilty as charged...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome... : I will try and post some photos, but I usually have problems with most boards getting them uploaded properly. I'm on a Mac, so that may be part of the problem...

Darren - Bingo, I'm "Dr. Boil" in the flesh... That protocol really saved my production bowl turning business. Had I not developed it, I would probably be doing something else right now. It is used all over the world not only by woodturners, but by several sawmills/timber exporters for treating solid wood blanks before exporting. I'm glad it continues to help so many people.

BTW, your website is way cool... I will stop in and visit more when I get a chance. Take care and best wishes to everyone!

Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steve Russell
Eurowood Werks Studio
The Woodlands, Texas

Tags

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode