Patience are finally a virtue that I am starting to posess - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

View Superduty31's Photo Album My Photos
Patience are finally a virtue that I am starting to posess

Hi everybody, I am new to the forum and not so new to the wood working world, my Father was a very talented wood worker and always tried to get me to get involved with it, but I just never had the patience for it, I was mostly a steel working kind of person, with steel if you cut it too short you can just weld a little chunk on and make it look like it never happened, or if you made a bad joint you just grind it out and re-weld it, with wood um not so much.

My Name is Travis and I live in southern Iowa, my Wife and 2 boys (2 and 5) live in a ranch style house on 10 acres of complete peace and quite (except for my 2 rowdy boys) We have a 32x56 shop that is currently a work in progress and lots of work to do in the house, I have always done my own home repairs, if there is something that I don't know how to do I am the kind of person that will set down and read, watch, listen and teach myself the right way and then do it, I usually don't try anything.....I just do it.

Any way I have been cruising the forums here and today I decided to join and tell you all how AWESOME my wife is, I came home tonight and decided I would finish up one of my sheetrock projects, she gets home and tells me to go down stairs and wait for her with my eyes closed, my birthday is in a week (the big 30) and I thought this had something to do with that, well I was right she comes in and gives me a Ridgid Fliptop portable work support and a card, in the card is a pick ticket from Home Depot for a Ridgid R4512 table saw........AWESOME!!!! I had been throwing hints at her for a couple of weeks for this but never thought she would get it! Can't wait to get it assembled and start my projects that have been stacking up.

The first project is going to be a solid oak riser for the HE front load washer and dryer that we got a couple of weeks ago, can you believe they want 179.00 each for these things!! I'll post up the pics when its complete. Sorry for the long intro but I'm super stoked for this gift and can't wait for it to get here..........maybe I still have a little work to do on the whole patience thing

Last edited by Superduty31; 02-08-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 PM

View Itchy Brother's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to our forum.This is a great place to get and give advice.Lots of cool people here!

***For the record*** Ive made hundreds of guitar bodies,never put one together and cant play a note.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 PM

View JohnK007's Photo Album My Photos
Hi Travis, glad to have you with us!! Your little lady sounds like a keeper. Nice birthday present. Use it safely and enjoy. Oh, and your shop sounds huge. How about some pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 04:48 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
post #5 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 07:50 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Travis, x2 on the wife being a keeper. However now you have to pay attention to her hints about presents. Their hints are usually about more expensive stuff unfortunately.

While your waiting for the saw how about you post some pictures in your album of that shop of yours.

enjoy your new saw and use it safely.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM

View Jason.'s Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum

www.CaConstructionCenter.com
13659, Victory Blvd #261, Van Nuys, CA-91401 | Twitter | Facebook
Contact# 800-372-4080
post #7 of 8 Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

View Superduty31's Photo Album My Photos
It's REALLY REALLY cold out right now -11 degrees on my computer as I type this, and the shop is not heated right now........like I said its still a work in process, I'll get some pics asap, by the way we picked up the saw today and I am currently going through the assembly instructions, all the reviews on this saw had something to say about long assembly times, some up to 8 hours???????
post #8 of 8 Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 PM

View Texas Sawduster's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome from Texas !!!

Welcome to the forum.

CONGRATS ON THE TOOLS

Tools are like guns, You can never have enough.
Where did I put that tape measure???

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode