Woodworking Talk banner

New to your forum

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  woodman42 
#1 ·
Hello I have been visting your forum for a few days. It seems friendly so decided to join. I have been interested in woodworking for most of mY life but just started the last few years being more active in it. I am very interested in building it into a small business for when I retire in a couple of years. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I have a big interest in 18th century life styles that is what type of projects I want to persue. I actually have other 18th century interest that believe it or not they are all related. I do blacksmithing and flintlock rifles. I do the blacksmithing to make handforged knives, hawks and hinges for the trunks I make. I still consider my self an amature but still learning. That is one reason I joined so I can improve my woodworking skills which I hope to learn form you all. Some of my past projects are buffets, sideboard tables, plantation desks, accoutrement trunks, dowry chests and gun chest all of 18th century design. I plan on staying with the more common or primitive look. Well I know I am probably boring at this point so I will go. Thanks Ken Lutes

#2 · (Edited)
Hey, welcome from me Ken. I work with alot of guys who make flintlocks, powderhorns, even knappers (for those of you who have never heard that term, stone tool makers).
I would personally be interested in blacksmithing discussion, kinda a new hobby of mine. I have sold/given 1000 gunstocks/knife scales to buddies into this older recreation.
Glad you found us. We are woodworking talk, but anything family friendly is fair game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.