New with questions and steep learning curve :) - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 02-11-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

View BRUTAL's Photo Album My Photos
New with questions and steep learning curve :)

Hi ya'll, I fix cars for a living, and have been doing that for decades. Built several race cars( still have 1) and into modifying everything. Which brings me here. I learn and help alot on other forums and when its time to learn more about wood, what better way than online. Ive built several houses with Habitat for Humanity, and will be building a house in 2 years on 5.5acres. it will be out of aerated concrete and have a neighbor/builder that will do most since he's experianced with the product, and start to finish building. But GF and I will do alot to reduce costs. Painting, flooring, trim, plumbing and electric(guided and inspected by masters) But Im really interested in building my own cabinets in the bath and kitchen, and Ive done alot of other projects in wood( pergola, outdoor kitchen, tile, wood medicine cabs, remolded a kitched andbath or 2 etc...) But I am very picky and want to learn tips and tricks quickly rather than years. So REALLY looking forward to the info here.......thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
post #3 of 5 Old 02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
glh17

View glh17's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome! Sounds like you'll want to talk to cabinetman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Scotty D

View mdntrdr's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum.

Scott
OH, wait a minute ............Yep!.............That's what he said!

"Like" us on facebook
www.ScottyDsWoodworks.com
Watch Our YouTube Video
post #5 of 5 Old 02-13-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

View BRUTAL's Photo Album My Photos
yes Ive been reading some off his posts and others. I bought another table saw, a job site 10" Porter cable since I just dont have the room for a larger stationary 1 yet. And Im gonna be building a 12x16 storage barn this summer on 5.5acres I bought in the country. It'll just have to do. So far I set it up and out of the box only needed a couple tweeks to align everything. I was gonna get a differant 1 since it says it will dado only 1/2" and 6" blade :( (I have a 13/16" 8" set) But then again I used that on my old TS and it said the same thing. I'm gonna build some outdoor kitchen cab doors in a couple months and we'll see how well it goes. I believe even a middle of the road tool in the right hands can turn out better work that an excellant tool in poor hands. My saving grace is wood putty, sand paper and paint:)
I also bought a decent 12" sliding mitre saw after using a friends Makita slider. I'll just sell my fixed one once I clean it and lube the table so its slides better.

Last edited by BRUTAL; 02-13-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode