new poster here - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 10-22-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

View Stepper's Photo Album My Photos
new poster here

hello all,
as you might have guessed i am new to this wonderful community, and am excited to be joining in on all the fun. my name is Stephen i go by Step or Stepper. i am 27 yo and have been interested in wood working since i was a teen, however i never really got into it till much later. i have been working as a carpenter in MA since i graduated back in 01, then in 07 i moved to Albuquerque where i got a job as a cabinet maker about 3 years later a got laid off due to a sucky economy and i came back to MA doing carpentry again.

part of the reason for me joining today is due to my wife and i just bought a house and for the last 3 weeks have been working on it relentlessly night and weekends.... we are now mostly comfortable but i now have a list of projects to do, i am both wicked excited and overwhelmed considering i work 2 jobs lol

anyways a couple of the projects i have planned are kitchen counter tops, a built in corner computer desk, a bed frame with drawers and head board, and a laundry room / walk in closet.... those are the big ones that i would like to start getting to one at a time.

so i am looking forward to getting to know everyone and get tips and tricks from all you pros out there. in the mean time i will get busy posting projects, pictures, designs, and progress!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM
SS user

View Gene Howe's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Step!
This is a wonderful forum with a great group of very knowledgeable folks who are willing to share.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Step,

I know how you feel, We bought a 3200 sq ft fixer and I personally remodeled or should I say rebuilt everything my self. I say everything from the slab up, plumbing, electrical, A/C, walls, ceiling, cabinets and 4 bathrooms. I spent ten years working and finished just before Katrina wiped it out.

The one most important thing is everything you fix and remodel makes the other stuff near by look worse so you keep expnding the job. So no matter what your estimated budget is it's not enough.

Good luck and if you need help just ask there are allot of members that can give good advise.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode