New Oregon subscriber here... - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 07-14-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

View AF7U's Photo Album My Photos
New Oregon subscriber here...

Greets to everyone, new Oregon subscriber here. I live a short drive SE of Salem and am retired from a 30+ year career in electronics and a few in IT. Naturally, as a diversion from work, I’ve accumulated a few wood tools over the years. Actually too many tools. (Ignore that last fragment, my wife snuck it in) My latest acquisition and current quandary is a new-to-me drywall screw gun. I have no idea what, brand-wise, it is. I saw ‘Made in Germany’ and thought first of AEG. The tags are worn a bit and can’t see any names, even the numbers are scratched a bit. It works to the degree that it drives screws, at least into wood. I have not tried it in drywall to see how the depth gauge works, if it has one. We’ll see… I have Googled for images until the cows have come back to roost and have turned up nothing. (Sorry for my sad humor, wife thinks it’s sad too…) Am I ok to post pictures as a new user? Thanks for any help~! Best, ~Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-14-2019, 02:36 PM

View Pineknot_86's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome. Good folks and tons of information. Just aks.
I was in Oregon several years ago. Went from Portland to Bend. Amazing to go from the tall pines to the high desert. Took tons of photos.

A diamond is how coal reacts under pressure.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Wood machinist

View difalkner's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum, Michael! Add your location to your profile so it shows in the side panel. Add your first name to your signature line so it shows in each post.

We like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. And jump in on discussions when you're ready to do that.

David

David

Curly Wood Shop on Etsy
David Falkner - Woodworking YouTube channel
Our music at church - current videos Airline Baptist BC Facebook Live
Romans 3:23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-14-2019, 11:09 PM
Generic Weeb

View WeebyWoodWorker's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF7U View Post
Greets to everyone, new Oregon subscriber here. I live a short drive SE of Salem and am retired from a 30+ year career in electronics and a few in IT. Naturally, as a diversion from work, I’ve accumulated a few wood tools over the years. Actually too many tools. (Ignore that last fragment, my wife snuck it in) My latest acquisition and current quandary is a new-to-me drywall screw gun. I have no idea what, brand-wise, it is. I saw ‘Made in Germany’ and thought first of AEG. The tags are worn a bit and can’t see any names, even the numbers are scratched a bit. It works to the degree that it drives screws, at least into wood. I have not tried it in drywall to see how the depth gauge works, if it has one. We’ll see… I have Googled for images until the cows have come back to roost and have turned up nothing. (Sorry for my sad humor, wife thinks it’s sad too…) Am I ok to post pictures as a new user? Thanks for any help~! Best, ~Michael

Always good to see more Oregon people on here, we don't get too many. Assuming you picked up you're screw gun there for a reason, what sort of projects do you have going on mate?

-T

"Dreams are stronger than poison and seize more firmly than disease, once captured one can not escape. It's a real curse, but for adventurers who are dedicated to it, body and soul, people without dreams are more frightening than death" (Made in Abyss). The Twenty Seventeen anime of the year, it definitely deserves that award. It's a show you don't expect to throw you off as much as it does. It may be Moe but it's certainly not lighthearted, just the opposite.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 01:09 AM

View RickKr's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by AF7U View Post
Greets to everyone, new Oregon subscriber here. I live a short drive SE of Salem...snip..., ~Michael

Stayton, Aumsville, Sublimity, Turner, Scio... ?

I used to live in Portland but moved three years ago to the extreme NE corner of the state, an hour east of Baker City (Halfway).

I have bamboo fly maker friends in your area, one lives in Stayton, the other in Aumsville.

BTW, welcome to the forum and I have no clue how to help you with the screw gun.

Rick

"If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a bit cheaper."
post #6 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 01:24 AM

View ScubaDoog's Photo Album My Photos
Pictures . . . love pictures! and welcome!
post #7 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Ah thanks for asking, yes I did, I got it for a project I’m finishing up. I live on a small acreage and there’s an endless stream of projects around here, the last one, a work/storage building was finished with OSB up to 4 ft, then a peg board wrap. It made for great tool hanging and such. The next building interior is going to be finished with wallboard, so when I saw the screw gun at a local sale I grabbed it. All I knew about it was it drove screws. Now I know there’s more to driving screws into sheetrock then just driving it in. It needs to be driven in correctly, i.e. the correct depth, and therein lays my issue. I can’t ever seem to keep from taking things apart, it’s in my DNA, so I want to clean it up, lube it and generally check it over. I generally like to have literature available so as to know proper operation and adjustments. I’ll get some pictures posted pronto…

There's no place like 127.0.0.0
~Michael - AF7U
post #8 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickKr View Post
Stayton, Aumsville, Sublimity, Turner, Scio... ?

I used to live in Portland but moved three years ago to the extreme NE corner of the state, an hour east of Baker City (Halfway).

I have bamboo fly maker friends in your area, one lives in Stayton, the other in Aumsville.

BTW, welcome to the forum and I have no clue how to help you with the screw gun.

Rick
Actually in the county between Aumsvillel and Stayton... Pix on the way...

~Michael - AF7U
post #9 of 9 Old 07-15-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Here are a few shots of the screw gun... At first, I was thinking AEG because of the 'Made in Germany' tag but... who knows.
Any thoughts would be appreciated~!~
~Michael
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	377093  

Name:	Plate 1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	377095  

Name:	Plate 2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	377097  

Name:	R. side.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	377099  

~Michael - AF7U

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode