New guy - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

View charles's Photo Album My Photos
New guy

I wanted to stop by and say hello to everybody. I've been in the woodworking business for a lot of years. I earn my living building parts for the auto seating industry. This in turn, allows me to do some furniture building, and just generally have a lot of fun working in the shop. I do a lot of antique furniture restoring, and I have an old hotrod truck I play with. I teach a Cherokee language class in my spare time, so, I keep busy. If anyone is in my neck of the woods, please stop by. I won't have any cold beer, but, a cold Pepsi can be had. My shop is located between Grand Saline, and Mineola texas....a little spot in the road called Silver Lake. I enjoy reading all the post's, and if I should have something to offer, I will jump in. A guy is never too old to learn. I'm glad to be here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-11-2008, 01:20 AM

View Jack Brannon's Photo Album My Photos
Jack Brannon

Hi Charles,

I, too, am a newbie here. I had trouble posting because computers and I aren't exactly old pards. I just got mine about 2 years ago and until then, I had never tried to battle with one. But they are amazing inventions. I have found information in minutes that I had tried to get for years by mail.

I have a 1220 Timberking sawmill and a 25" Woodmaster planner/molder and 10 acres of hardwood timber here in WV that I want to try and cut/saw/dry and finish for my own use. I already have some assorted hardwood lumber air drying that I will try and get finished with a small kiln I plan to build. But the weather has been a killer this winter. We have had non-stop rain and snow since deer season and the wind has blown harder and more often than I can ever remember. But maybe once spring has finally sprung I will be able to smash fingers and pick splinters to my hearts content.

Hope you like it here. I know I do although I have trouble sometimes answering.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles View Post
I teach a Cherokee language class in my spare time
That sounds interesting. Welcome, we seem to have alot of Texans here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode