Woodworking Talk banner

New Guy!

809 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Cory Hawk 
#1 ·
Recently got into woodworking for hobby projects (Namely wooden lanterns that the Fiance' wants to use a centerpieces)

I caught the bug and started filling my "workshop" (the smallest garage known to man)

I just had surgery to reattach my bicept tendon so I have been off work for 14 days and filling the garage with toys when my arm heals.

Got a Delta 36-725 off of craigslist for next to nothing. Watch every video and read every thread on them..

Got it all dialed in this afternoon. Blade 90, Aligned with the Miter slots and the fence square.

it is going to make it so much easier and cheaper to complete the lanterns ($3.75 a piece for 3/4" 36" Pine Dowls!!!!!)

I shot a crude 1 handed video while aligning the blade...

Tell me what you think!

Appreciate all the info everyone offers here. Can't wait to dig deeper!

Thanks Again!

Cory

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome aboard, Cory.
please complete your profile with your location so that we know
what part of the world you are in.
you can also add any quote or note in your signature line that will
appear at the bottom of all your posts. (totally optional).
the forum likes to see still photos accompany videos. there are
quite a few here that do not open YouTube or Facebook to watch a video.

#5 ·
Tell me what you think!
Welcome to the forum, Cory! As John and Gary said, we do like photos.

Also, you asked 'what we think' so I'll tell you that videos should be widescreen/landscape. We get to see more that way and it fits our computer monitors.

And since we like photos you can show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready! :grin:

David

#6 · (Edited)
Also, you asked 'what we think' so I'll tell you that videos should be widescreen/landscape. We get to see more that way and it fits our computer monitors.

David
Hhehe I just had my distal biceps tendon reattached on the 7th of January.. I couldn't get my phone to stay on the box I was using in landscape mode and couldn't hold it up so portrait it was! I'll try better next time...

as for the Pics..

This first pic was the front of the blade, I marked my tooth with a marker and made a little simple jig using the miter slot and a board to attach my dial to.

The second pic was of the back after sliding the jig to the back and moving the marked tooth. Pretty close if you ask me!

:)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.