Woodworking Talk banner

New to the Forum

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve G. 
#1 ·
hi all

I’ve been dabbling in the wood working hobby for a couple of years now. I have recently started milling my own lumber and learning how to make dulcimers. The first 2 pics are of walnut and the last is a stack of red oak.

Ken

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome, Ken. Where are you located? And where are you getting that lumber? Red oak is our FAVORITE lumber for our furniture. I'd classify this first post as a stealth gloat, too!!

Nancy (60 days)

#8 ·
Daren, a stealth gloat is a gloat about a new machine, tool, etc., hidden within the context of a post about something else. As in..Ken was introducing himself and talking about milling his own lumber, then posts a picture of hundreds of board feet of red oak that he has stashed back---that's a stealth gloat. Sort of like me putting in here that I got a new lathe last week (stealth gloat).

Nancy (60 days)

#9 ·
Yea Nancy I knew what you meant, and thought it was funny, I had just never heard it before. Thanks for the explanation anyway though.

So would this be a stealth gloat or blatant if I was to welcome Ken, wish him well with milling and say before he knows it he could have 1000's of bft of free lumber stashed back ? :icon_smile:...Welcome again Ken, milling your own lumber is a blast...your gonna need a bigger shed :yes:.

Attachments

#11 ·
Ken don't let my silliness scare you off, I just like to kid around. There are many very nice people here who know alot about wood and woodworking...maybe some of them will welcome you, instead of me :laughing:
I too would like to see some dulcimer pictures if you have them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.