Just Like Starting Over - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 11-23-2016, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

View Brent Thomas's Photo Album My Photos
Just Like Starting Over

Greetings,

I have just re-located to the Evansville area. I grew up in northern Indiana (Warsaw) but I moved to Minnesota after the Army and college where I was a commercial photographer near Minneapolis. Through the years I became a very accomplished DIYer and an amateur luthier. My creations include an upright electric bass, lap steel guitar, ukuleles and a few dulcimers. After my company and the advertising market started to go downhill, I went back to school to become an elementary teacher. To support my family during graduate school and student teaching I sold all of my equipment and large tools in order to make the move back to my home state, partly because it is warmer here. I now teach in the area and we enjoy our new home. I plan to rebuild my shop when possible. I took for granted that the Minneapolis area had a lot of resources via craigslist and woodworking specialty shops. Does anyone know of a Co-op or community woodshop in the SW Indiana area? Thank you allowing me to introduce myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-23-2016, 05:13 PM

View mikechell's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the site, Brent.
Formerly of Indiana, myself ... Logansport. I haven't lived there since 1979. Hail from Florida, now.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-24-2016, 09:48 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome here Brent, to this friendly WW forum, where there is always room for one more. IMO, learning through experience and correcting "life mistakes" does help when you "start over". Consider looking on line or to woodworking suppliers for local info to expand your needs. Also, some local colleges may teach classes related to wood working subjects. Enjoy your stay, and be safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode