Item for sale. - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

View Woodlvr's Photo Album My Photos
Item for sale.

Hello all,
My name is Mike and I have been hanging around for a couple of months. I like wood turning and woodworking. I light to make crafty items that I can really see the buyers joy and we hope appreciation for what we do to learn the skills necessary for Woodworking. I have something to sell and am not going to list it here of course but I am trying to figure out how I am going to get 25 posts so that I can list it. On the pen turning website International Association Of Penturners we do not have this setting. I guess that I can just go to the forums and learn things as we read the posts and maybe aid some one else also. Thank you.

Mike

Last edited by Daren; 04-15-2011 at 02:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodlvr For This Useful Post:
woodnthings (04-15-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Scotty D

View mdntrdr's Photo Album My Photos
Longest intro ever?

Scott
OH, wait a minute ............Yep!.............That's what he said!

"Like" us on facebook
www.ScottyDsWoodworks.com
Watch Our YouTube Video
post #3 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Mike was that a rant?

Item for sale.
Hello all,
My name is Mike and I have been hanging around for a couple of months. I like wood turning and woodworking. I light to make crafty items that I can really see the buyers joy and we hope appreciation for what we do to learn the skills necessary for Woodworking. I have something to sell and am not going to list it here of course but I am trying to figure out how I am going to get 25 posts so that I can list it. On the pen turning website International Association Of Penturners we do not have this setting. I guess that I can just go to the forums and learn things as we read the posts and maybe aid some one else also. Thank you.

Mike

If so, I am not impressed.
Not that my opinion would matter to you anyway.
If you want to be a member here and participate, share and offer information and questions, that's fine.
If you want to sign up here, get your 25 posts and try to sell things, I'm not fine with that and I doubt if our members will be either....JMO
50 some odd lines of blank screen is not a good way to make a first impression in my opinion.
End of my rant. bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #5 of 12 Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome, the reason they have that setting is so you don't get a bunch of spammers which in my opinion would ruin the forum. As foras how to get the 25 post, ask question or give answers to question which would mean you are a active member participating in a very good forum. IMO the best one for woodworking.

As far as all the blank spaces in your intro. Why? It wont help you get to the minimum 25 post any faster that's for sure.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Slow your horses down folks. I fell asleep at the reins the other night when I tried to do my introduction. My comments about the 25 posts was NOT MEANT AS A DEROGATORY STATEMENT. When I started the title I thought that I was putting my post in to sell the band saw part that I have, I am sorry that I did not go back and change it. I only mentioned the 25 posts comment requirement as I agree with it, on the penturning site a person signs up starts selling stuff right away, pays no due respect to the forum members and the people that support it, they just use it to sell for their own gain, I AM NOT THAT WAY. I do not have a company, just a disabled person trying to learn more about woodworking and wood turning as life goes on. woodnthings since you are perfect I apologize to you especially, and the members of this forum for falling asleep during my intro and not explaining myself before I fell asleep-meds can do that to you you know. rrbrown I hope that you read this and realize that I had fallen asleep on the keyboard and was not awake enough to realize my mistake and I am not sure how and when I ended the post to send it. I APOLOGIZE TO ALL, THANK YOU FOR your understanding and putting me in my place before you knew the whole story, I appreciate that. I was a very active member of the other site until this started happening, your examples are exactly why I rarely participate, I send my donations and read posts and occasionally sell a tool or two trying to help another wood worker by selling on a site for wood workers. I am kind of stupid, instead of selling my items for almost full price and trying to get every last cent out of a tool by selling locally in our classifieds I reduce the price to what I think is a fair price, at least 50% reduction and offer it to others who know what it is used for and save them money, or we trade tools or wood. I am through I again APOLOGIZE for making a mistake on your forum. I wish that the penturning site had a 25 post minimum before they could USE the forum for FREE to sell their goods. Thank you. Who do I contact to remove my membership information from this website so that I do not offend anyone else? Thank You. Mike Bill, NO IT WAS NOT A RANT!!!!!

U.S. ARMY
Aviation

Last edited by Woodlvr; 04-15-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: add a line
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woodlvr For This Useful Post:
sawdustfactory (04-15-2011), woodnthings (04-15-2011)
post #7 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 12:35 PM
No Longer Here

Hey Mike sorry if you got your feathers ruffled but read your original post again. You stated, "I have something to sell that I'm not going to sell on here of course" so which one is it sell or not sell?

Then you said. "I'm just trying to figure how I'm going to get to the 25 post so I can list it." Now that sounds like I want to sell this thing and will do what it takes. Not I'm looking to participate and help others and maybe learn something in the process.

Your last statement saying "The other forum didn't have that rule" again sounds like you have a problem with the 25 post rule.

As for the blank spaces and maybe not wording things right. A simple follow up thread saying Hey guys sorry I fell a sleep when making that first post and really screwed that up would have been a good response. Along with a corrected version of your intro of course.

In your last post you make reference that your trying to sell something to save us money. Don't get me wrong that would be a nice thing for someone. However your first reason would be to get rid of it because it's taking up space and/or you want to make some money instead of giving it away.

It also was made clear that we either made you mad or made you feel unwelcome. But ironically My first word in my post to you was Welcome.

My post was in response to yours and I tried to explain why the 25 post rule was there and how you could obtain your goal since you seamed confused about that. I also made a comment about all your blank spaces. however lets face it, that was odd. Since I don't know you from Adam, I'm not there to know you were sleeping and you seamed to have a problem with the 25 post rule, is there any doubt you may get a post questioning your motives.

Hell even if your main goal was to come on here and sell something then fine. Just get the 25 post and in the process you may decide that you like the forum and want to stay.

Last edited by rrbrown; 04-15-2011 at 12:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rrbrown For This Useful Post:
sawdustfactory (04-15-2011)
post #8 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

I basically had two posts going in my head, my pain and sleep meds were kicking in so I was having two or three thoughts at once. Your response was nice with the welcome but Richard seemed rather put out. I was trying to elude to the fact that I liked the 25 post rule but I did not want to pollute peoples posts just so that I could get my 25 posts. I feel like I am wrong if I try and wrong if I do not try. This is a great forum but I am not that experienced in my mind to give input to others so I usually just try to show support or offer a suggestion. I have been a member on the other site for almost six years and it gets tiring of people jumping on others if they disagree with something. Anyway I was falling alseep not sure how the post even got on all of the way, and was trying to point out my dilemna about the 25 posts as a way to get suggestions so that I did not just put out 25 garbage posts for my own good. Even if I did try and sell the stupid band saw gauge I have already lost my money regardless, but I figured they are a good product and if it could help another woodworker and I could get a few dollars towards the sharpener that I need it would be a win win situation. Thank you for your time and service for our country, being a vet also I try to thank others also. I do like this forum but I do not want to be looked at poorly for a mistake that I made on here. Have a great day and weekend. Take care.

Mike
post #9 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 02:13 PM
No Longer Here

Well Mike thank You for your service also. You very well or not the first person to get off to a bad start, we all have a bad day or moment but hey if you want to stay here none of us have real long memories. All I can say is hang out ask questions and maybe give some suggestions if you have it. I'm not saying just post so you get to the 25 post but you are welcome to stay if you really want to participate.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
50 some odd lines of blank screen
Yea, I clicked on the post and thought my computer/browser was messed up (had a few problems of late)...I had to edit the OP and get rid of that, too annoying. As a mod I am supposed to only delete content that is not in the spirit of the forum/breaks forum rules...but I did not delete ''content'', just blank space.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daren For This Useful Post:
rrbrown (04-15-2011), Woodlvr (04-15-2011), woodnthings (04-15-2011)
post #11 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I guess I need to not post after 10pm. At my age I forget things to easy and fall asleep. Thanks for the invitation to stay. There is a wealth of knowledge on here and what seems to be some really nice members. Thanks again.

Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodlvr For This Useful Post:
Webster (04-15-2011)
post #12 of 12 Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 PM

View JMC'sLT30's Photo Album My Photos
Once again "Welcome to the forum" and have a Great new start.

"IF IT'S TOO TOUGH FOR THEM, IT'S JUST RIGHT FOR ME"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode