Introduction - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 03-08-2008, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

View BopCord's Photo Album My Photos
Wink Introduction

Old fat retired country boy, who loves woodworking, Planning to build a new shop this summer. 36x42 ideas welcomed. Look forward to exchanging ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Woodworking Firefighter

View firefighteremt153's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the site BopCord. Young (32) skinny still working country boy here.

........................www.Jeremydillardwoodworking.com.........................

"Only those who risk going too far, can possibly know how far they can go"
post #3 of 8 Old 03-09-2008, 12:56 AM

View Jack Brannon's Photo Album My Photos
This old fat retired country boy wishes to welcome another. I built a 20X30 shop last summer and still don't have it as ready as I want. But when I say I built it, that is exactly what I mean. My son and I mixed all the concrete for the floor and sawed the 5X5 uprights for the framework, plus we set the roof trusses and finished it ourselves. I admit I was so tired I had to sleep on my own side of the bed at night but we got it all boxed in between rainstorms. So now, if the weather ever breaks, I hope to finish it and start smashing my fingers by spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the welcome-I once about 35 years ago lived in Marietta--loved having everything at my fingertips-then moved to al. have a great building day.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Jack good luck on your shop-your progress and mine seems to be the same--I don't have a son or big enough grandson to help- so you have a blessing-let me know your progress?
post #6 of 8 Old 03-14-2008, 12:38 AM

View Nathan's Photo Album My Photos
Great to have you one WoodworkingTalk.com. Welcome!

Nathan

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot
post #7 of 8 Old 03-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Woodworking Firefighter

View firefighteremt153's Photo Album My Photos
Yeah, I pretty much have everything right here but the downside is I live on 3/4 of an acre of land with neighbors on every side possible of me. But the wife's family all lives within a mile of us and mine isn't too far away. Gonna have that land and seperate shop one day..

........................www.Jeremydillardwoodworking.com.........................

"Only those who risk going too far, can possibly know how far they can go"
post #8 of 8 Old 03-15-2008, 06:22 PM

View Jack Brannon's Photo Album My Photos
Jack Brannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopCord View Post
thanks for the welcome-I once about 35 years ago lived in Marietta--loved having everything at my fingertips-then moved to al. have a great building day.
I go through the outskirts of Marietta quite often on my way to Columbus, Ohio to my Dr. Marietta is one of the oldest river towns around, dating I believe a few years older than Louisville, Ky. A person could fill a book with it's history.

I am on the wrong side of 60 to make too many big plans, but I still like to daydream about what I would like to do. My wife thinks I'm nuts to go over to the shop on a cold, windy day, build up a fire in the old barrel stove, and sit and just admire my machinery. And I guess I am a little nutty to do this, but I always figured that if one enjoyed doing something, then they will be the happiest doing it. At least I don't watch TV all the time as she does. All she watches is junk such as "As my Stomach Turns," "My days on others' wives" and The Old and the Reckless, or some such stupid stuff. And she calls me nutty?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode