Howdy From Florida - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Roob McNube

View rok3269's Photo Album My Photos
Cool Howdy From Florida

Greetings to one & all !!!!

I've been a member lurking in the shadows for a bit and finally, with a lil push from a member, decided to post my introduction.

My name is Mario, I am a 46 yrs. old father of 1 beautifull lil 5 yr old daughter named jane, been married for almost 9 yrs now, I know, late starter over here !!!!

I am a Computer Repair Techinician by trade and at this point an ultra noob wood person, not even a worker yet.
I hope to get into both wood turning and wood working.

As far as a shop/work area I have a brand new Lark 10x20 shed that my wife has conceeded the front half to me for my wood endevors, I was recently given a Delta Shopmaster?? table saw, and I am looking for a lathe that I can afford to get my feet wet in that area too.
I am currently building my workbench, someone gave me a full section of counter-top and I figured to use it for a narrow work/storage area.

I have a few plans running thru my head on what I want to build, A King-sized captains bed for the wife and myself is my starter project, as soon as I figure a few more details.

Anyways I am starting to ramble so I will end it with a cheery Howdy All !!!!!, A Wave, and i'll see you 'round the forum !!!

Mario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM

View RLHERRON's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Mario, your going to learn a lot from these guys. I know I have. Some real good information as well as some real characters here

Love Florida grew up in St. Pete.

Again welcome
RLH
post #3 of 8 Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Mario,
Welcome to the forum. Your first job should be in figuring out how to commandeer the other half of the shed. Have fun, get settled in, and then we expect to see some pictures coming.
Mike Hawkins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Member , noisy .

View BudK's Photo Album My Photos
Greeting's Mario ,

Be careful with that table saw , they can be wood throwin' bastid's among other things ...
& dont forget some hand tool's; block plane , smoother , chisel's etc. cordless is good .

Welcome to the forum !

BK
post #5 of 8 Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 PM

View Nomes's Photo Album My Photos
Hi Hi
I live in Lake Wales Fl
A lath is a nice tool to have I picked one out of a junk pile last week, Craftsman Pro the only thing I can find wrong with it is a bad on off switch.
Good luck and be safe.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-21-2009, 07:46 PM

View breakfastchef's Photo Album My Photos
I am located in SE Florida and pretty much suck as a woodworker. I keep trying to better my techniques. I look forward to your input in this forum.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Just makin chips fly

View The woodsman's Photo Album My Photos
Howdy from Florida

Wecome I have a place in Tampa,from nov till april then were back to NC for the summer.How close are you to Tampa?Hope ya like it here as there are some real nice folks here that are very willing and able to help you out in any way they can.Just be carefull and if you have doubt on useing a tool,don't take a chance and be sure and ask somebody.It's not an embarasining to sak a question on power tool,but it is stupid to take a gamble an get hurt.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Roob McNube

View rok3269's Photo Album My Photos
Sorry for the delay posting replies, been a few hectic weeks around here, so I condensed them all to 1 reply.

Bud K - Thanks for the input on the table saw, this is my first one, although I have had a circular saw kick back on me, I didn't care for that experience either.

Mike - I have been working on that since the day I got it delivered, but unfortunately about half the "stuff" in there is mine too, and i'm not ready to part with all of it yet.

RLH - I have fond memories of St. Pete too as my dad used to vacation there when I was very young.

Nomes, breakfastchef, & The woodsman - I live in Titusville, FL., Basically if your in Tampa, facing north, turn right and keep driving till you hit water (read as the ocean). I am basically across the river from where the Shuttle launches from, and watch the shuttle launch from my front porch.

I hope to see everyone around the forum!!
Mario

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode