Hi From the St Louis Metro area - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2018, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

View Richard L's Photo Album My Photos
Talking Hi From the St Louis Metro area

Greetings,

FINNNNNNNAllllllly have a house with a garage large enough to host a shop!

Poking around a bit and have a few projects planned so I suspect I will be spending too much money and time in fairly short order.

this weekend I am going to tackle a platform for the washer and dryer. I have done one before out of 2x12 stock and skirted it with luan plywood stained with walnut that worked out great.

This time the wife wants drawers in it Figure I might as well make it pretty so I will be shopping the forum for interesting ideas etc.

oh yeah and on the skill scale with 1 being low and 10 being expert I am pretty sure I am around a 2.5 for finished woodwork but looking to improve that and have a lot more patience now that I passed the mid century mark lol. Might bup that to a 3 since I can read a tape, can use a square, and figured out dry wall screws are not the fastener of choice for all projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2018, 08:15 PM

View Steve Neul's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the club.

If you are going to make the platform big enough to fit the washer and dryer you might position a center divider close to where the legs of the units sit. Then you could make two drawers in it without worrying about the weight making it sag. I don't see any reason you couldn't make the entire platform out of plywood.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-13-2018, 10:38 PM
Wood machinist

View difalkner's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum, Richard! Glad you found us and we're looking forward to your participation in discussions and posting photos of your projects.

David

David

Curly Wood Shop on Etsy
David Falkner - Woodworking YouTube channel
Our music at church - current videos Airline Baptist BC Facebook Live
Romans 3:23

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode