Hi from Ohio - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 23 Old 02-19-2010, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

View Russ's Photo Album My Photos
Hi from Ohio

Hi All, I'm Russ, I just found out about your site from another customer at woodcraft today. It did not take me long to join after I saw all of the valuable information you provide. My hat is off to whoever designed and maintains this site. I would also like to take a moment to thank the two most beautiful women buying all the Festool products that were in front of me at the check out. I am only a weekend woodworker but I know with this site, I may have the opportunity to build some fine furniture with your help someday. I lost my wife a year ago, due to illness so it's just me and my daughter trying to do something together to help us both move on. I appreciate any and all help you can give us in the future. Thank-you Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 08:59 AM

View woodman42's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome from Texas Russ!
Sorry to hear about your wife, I can only imagine how hard that must be.
Woodworking is a great way for you and your daughter to take your mind away, at least a little. Not to mention a great way to bond.
Everybody here will be more than happy to help out where they can with your woodworking.

Did you say tool sale?
post #3 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Thank you woodman42 I'm looking at this as a great adventure for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 10:58 AM

View Tony B's Photo Album My Photos
Another "Welcome from Texas" and glad you found us. We are from all over the place. At this very moment I am in the Gulf of Mexico on an oil rig doing my other job.
Sorry about your loss but glad you still have a lady's touch around the house.
As for being a weekender, with some experience under your belt, you can accomplish quite a bit in a weekend.
It would be nice if you could fill in the profile some. It makes answering questions easier when we know how much experience you have, some of your major tools and your rough geographic location.

Tony B Retired woodworker, among other things.

"Strive for excellence and settle for completion" Tony B
post #5 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
No Longer Here

View Kathy36's Photo Album My Photos
Hey Russ, you're that guy with the darling young lady my friend Sandy and I talked to yesterday but it was at another tool store because I have only been to woodcraft once. I'm sorry, If you're not the same guy.
Anyway welcome to this forum. Kathy
post #6 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 02:14 PM

View MattS's Photo Album My Photos
Ohio woodworkers coming out of the *ahem*, well, you know.

/wave, I'm an east-sider here. Looks like a lot of us will be making dust here shortly
post #7 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Thanks Tony B, I will make sure we fill out our profile, I guess I was just to excited to get on your site.
post #8 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

HI Kathy and your friend Sandy, You are right and I am wrong for the second time today by a pretty female, one being a little to smart for her own good, if you know what I mean. My daughter Jill is right here and she has a question for you "How can someone as beautiful as you and Sandy be woodworkers? I think you should be models or something." Thank you for your welcome, and telling me about this site. Maybe we will run into each other again sometime. Russ and Jill
post #9 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi mattS, I'm about 125 miles west of you. My daughter Jill and I are going to be making saw dust in about 10 min. Thanks for the welcome. Russ and my little sidekick Jill
post #10 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 03:40 PM

View rcp612's Photo Album My Photos
Hi Russ, and Jill.
Welcome to the most friendly forum out here.
I too am a weekend woodworker but the little experience I do have, I'm willing to share, just like all the other members here.
Sometimes though, I may just give you my opinion , for free.

Do like you always do,,,, get what you always get!!
post #11 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 04:07 PM

View Shamus's Photo Album My Photos
Hey Russ, welcome aboard to you and your daughter.

I've used woodworking as both a job and a hobby for many years. This all stemmed from early experiences with my father and grandfather. The single most memorable times of my life were spent crafting something out of a pile of wood with their help and guidance.

There is some very talented folks here so don't be afraid to ask.

Keep it fun and be safe.
post #12 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 05:12 PM
No Longer Here

Wow! Russ and sidekick Jill, Sandy and I appreciate your comments and for being so nice. Tell Jill that we do not make a living at woodworking. If we did, we would starve! Were having a hard enough time just lifting 3/4" birch plywood for a work bench. Have a wonderful day and I'm sure we will chat again.
Kathy and Sandy
post #13 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi rcp612, Jill and I are feeling the friendliness and were both very excited to be part of this site. Thank you. Russ and sidekick Jill
post #14 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi Shamus, I know I could never make a living at it but I hope someday Jill will remember this time like you do. Thank you Russ and sidekick Jill
post #15 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi Kathy and Sandy, Jill and I would like to offer you our assistance with your workbench since we must be in the same area. Jill here "What do you do for a living?"
Russ and Jill
post #16 of 23 Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM

View JP61's Photo Album My Photos
Hello Russ and Jill,

Another Buckeye here, from Parma. I shall welcome you also, but I'm just as new here as you and Jill. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Wish you and your daughter the best and I hope this forum and woodworking with your daughter will ease the pain.

I think you're right about this site. From the little time I've spent reading threads and looking at pictures, it does look like a very friendly (especially them Texans) and helpful community. Good luck and happy learning!

While my woodworking tools were getting covered with surface rust and dust (not saw related ), my son and I were bonding through sports, mainly soccer. He's been playing since the age of eight and just this past October, he finished his High School soccer career. I'm hoping that now we can do some "woodwork(ing)" bonding , at least until he goes off to college. If not.....I'm flying solo! lol

Browns vs. Steelers
post #17 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 03:37 AM
No Longer Here

The first part is for sidekick Jill only PLEASE

Hi Russ and you beautiful little sidekick "JILL" Jill, Sandy and I have given your question a lot of thought. If we tell you on this forum, then the whole forum will probably laugh at us and think we are nuts! The two really don't mix at all. Now If we don't tell you on this forum, then the forum may wonder why. I'm sure your dad has always taught you to tell the truth no mater what the consequences are. So you were right, Sandy and I are both models and it's not the life you may think it is. So I decided one day that I wanted something more in my life. Something that I could look back on and say, wow, I did that or I made this, so now I'm going to become a cabinet maker with the help of this forum. Jill, You are a beautiful young lady and I'm going to give you some advice that I hope you agree with and follow throughout your life. Stay in school, go to college and choose a wonderful career and enjoy life to its fullest! Jill you're a smart girl, so please stay away from drugs and alcohol, even with my fast paced life style, I've done it and I'm proud of it! Jill, The next paragraph is for your dad only please.
Your new friends Kathy and Sandy

Russ, Sandy and I would be very grateful for your assistance under a few conditions. 1) You bring Jill with you. 2) You will let us pay you. 3) You and Jill will be our guest for lunch and dinner 4) You will meet us at the tool store where we first met at whatever time you choose. 5) Out of respect to this forum and what it is here for, we will not be answering anymore questions like this again. We joined this forum for two reasons, one you already know, the other is to have contact with real people like yourself. We only answered this time because of Jill. We do not make, nor do we accept personal phone calls. Thank you for your offer and I hope you did not mind me giving Jill some advice. I lost my best friend (my dad) when I was 10.
Kathy and Sandy

To this forum, I have to agree with Russ, I have never in my life seen so many people willing to help others, they even answer my questions, even when they know I don't have clue and its second nature to them. You all deserve a big pat on the back and big high five! You're wonderful people! Thank you all.
Kathy and Sandy
post #18 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi JP61, Jill plays soccer too. I'm a Ohio State fan, are you? Jill here, I love your car. Thank you Russ and sidekick Jill
post #19 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
No Longer Here

Hi Kathy and Sandy, I appreciate your words to Jill and being honest with her. Jill and I will be there at 11:00 today if this is ok with you. Jill here, I knew it and I will be there with my dad because we go everywhere together. now we are going to pick out some woodworking plans for me. Russ and Jill
post #20 of 23 Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM
No Longer Here

Good morning Russ and Jill, Sandy and I will meet you at 11.00
Kathy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode