Woodworking Talk banner

Hi from North Texas!

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  hopkinsan 
#1 ·
Hi,

My name is Aaron, I'm 40 something years old, I live in Sanger Texas, and getting my self re-introduced into wood working.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, Aaron! Add your location to your profile so it shows in the side panel. Add your first name to your signature line so it will show in each post (otherwise we'll forget... sorry, we just will :wink:)

What sort of woodworking are you doing or planning? We like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready.

David

#5 ·
Catpower, thanks, glad to hear there is someone near.

difalkner, (David) I don't have any specialties as of yet. I like to build stuff. As soon as I get my shop set up I will post picks. My future plans are to build a new bigger dinning room table. Kinda in a rustic, industrial style with a herringbone top. I will start a thread when I get started with the table.

Pineknot_86, Thanks.

#9 ·
Hi Aaron, and welcome to WoodworkingTalk!

There are lots of Texans here, but then Texas is somewhat larger than the average state. When I drove straight through from coast to coast, I spent more time driving in Texas than driving to Texas or away from Texas. It felt like Texas would never end. ;-)

All teasing aside, I look forward to seeing your table thread and whatever else you post. I hope you enjoy your woodworking as much as I do.

#10 ·
Hi Aaron, and welcome to WoodworkingTalk!

There are lots of Texans here, but then Texas is somewhat larger than the average state. When I drove straight through from coast to coast, I spent more time driving in Texas than driving to Texas or away from Texas. It felt like Texas would never end. ;-)

All teasing aside, I look forward to seeing your table thread and whatever else you post. I hope you enjoy your woodworking as much as I do.

If you are in Dallas and going to LA, El Paso is the half way point

When relatives from NW Iowa are going to the Rio Grande valley Dallas is the half way point

For 5 years I drove 104 miles one way to work, I thought I about held the record, but a lot of people drive farther

The only reason I did it was real low house payments and company truck, the latter being the biggest point

#11 ·
Yes Texas is big. The first time I drove here I was heading East to my In-Laws from San Diego. We lost 5th gear in our Jeep Wrangler on the west side of Abilene and drove to the East Side of Paris with out being able to go more the 50 MPH. That sucked. But anyways, now I'm here.

Once I get started I will have a ton of questions. Most are from ignorance, but others will probably be just re-assurance. Forums like this are the best part of the internet. More knowledge than I can shake a stick at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.