Hi I Justed joined - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

View Scotsman's Photo Album My Photos
Hi I Justed joined

HI my name here is Scotsman I live in Argyll Scotland and have despite having a form of parkinsons disease been doing woodworking making furniture woodturning etc for a few years now and I have two workshops one for woodworking and one for machining which I also enjoy.I hope you enjoy my posts and that I am made welcome please remember I have a form of parkinsons disease and that my typing despite efforts to correct remain a problem sometimes so bear with me please regards Alistair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-12-2009, 05:59 PM

View Tony B's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome

I dont have any physical afflictions and still cant type so don't worry about that.
As a word of advise, fill in your profile with as much detail as you can. It helps to answer any questions you have when everyone is aware of your skill level. In most cases I don't respond to posts when the author does not have a profile.
Anyway, welcome aboard and I am sure you have much to contribute.

Regards

Tony B

Tony B

Retired woodworker, amongst other things, Sold full time cruising boat and now full time cruising in RV. Currently in Somerville, Tx
post #3 of 7 Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I am just finding my way around so bear with me.Alistair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
ecw

View ecw's Photo Album My Photos
another welcome from houston tx. glad to have you here & looking forward to hearing your input
eric
post #5 of 7 Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM

View nzgeordie's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum Alistair.

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be led.
Pete
post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2009, 02:34 AM
Chester's Gorilla

View Streamwinner's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome, Alistair. I love Scotland because they made scotch, which is my favorite whisky next to bourbon.

Have I seen you around on other woodworking websites?
post #7 of 7 Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

God Bless you seem like nice guys and thanks for the warm welcome. I do as much as I can do, working making my own designs of cabinets chairs etc sometimes I copy from the arts and crafts which is my favorite period of time for furniture making .I am also an avid wood turner mainly bowls boxes pens spindle turning too sometimes etc, etc, etc, I will post some pictures at the weekend as I will have a little help from my eldest son. I have three sons one the oldest is a lawyer and my middle son is a Doctor and my youngest just not long out of University (about three years )works in japan as a schoolteacher he speaks good Japanese too and my lovely wife bronwen who is welsh and she was a teacher and now write books look her up under google Bronwen Hosie she has written a few.We have been married for 38 years this year I am 58 now and have a form of Parkinson's disease so please allow this with my sometimes poor typing many thanks for the welcome and I hope to be around for a long while kindest regards Alistair

HI I have a form of parkinsons disease and sometimes my typing is not what it should be.Therefore please accept my apologies but I will do the best I can at all times regards Alistair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode