Helpless in Hood River - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

View hoodriver's Photo Album My Photos
Question Helpless in Hood River

Hi Everyone, I am a new member from Hood River, OR I am very new to woodworking but I have been learning how to repair & improve my home. I bought a craftsman table saw on E-bay & when I went to put it together there was no hardware or instruction book. I called Sears to see about ordering a replacement book but the model #137.2488 has the last # cut off. He didn't say it outright but his tone indicated that it served me right for not buying it at Sears and he couldn't help me. Does anyone out there have a list of the nuts, bolts, washers needed? & maybe a couple of pages to tell me how? I would really appreciate any help you would be willing to give. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 PM

View Daren's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome...maybe you want to read this http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1516

I have the manual...I could scan it.
post #3 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Table saw instructions

Thanks Daren, That would be great. It's too bad I didn't join this group before I bought the saw. I probably won't ask much of it. The skil saw is too big & heavy for my hand so I thought a small table saw would be a great alternative. Hopefully I can get at least a little bit of use out of it. I bought some wicker chairs at a garage sale & need to put new seat bottoms in. How do I access the instructions? Do I post me e-mail address here? Again, Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 06:15 PM

I brought it in from the shop. It is several pages (way more than I remember ) I will scan the pertinent stuff and e-mail it to you. If not tonight, in the morning. It all depends on how cooperative my scanner is.
post #5 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
It all depends on how cooperative my scanner is.
No luck so far . Just bought a new one Thursday (my old one blew up), have not used it yet. I seem to be having trouble with Vista, and tech support (my wife ) is out of town on business for a couple days.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Oh Lord, Daren. I have spent the past 2 weeks trying to connect my HP 3 in 1 to Vista. I finally had to get HP to send me an updated install disc. Is your computer a Dell? Go to the Vista website & see if they have a download for your scanner or you can go to the scanner brand website & they might have a download for Vista. Had I known what a pain it would be I would have stuck with XP. Good luck my friend. Chris
post #7 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 PM

I see you can commiserate, Vista sucks . Yea I have a HP 3 in 1...and a newer Dell, Vista pre installed. I have broadband, Vista was kind enough to "auto update" about a week ago...and I was 2 days not being able to connect. I had to use my wifes laptop on wireless until I figured out what to change back on my PC.
So I guess we are brothers in crap table saws and frustrating computers .
post #8 of 11 Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Tell you what-I'll install my HP tomorrow w/the new disc. After I'm done I'll mail you my upgrade disc so you can get running. You won't be able to install it without it. Meanwhile, go to HP.com & tell them to send you the new disc for installing your printer. It's free but they are slow as molasses. About 3 weeks. After you are done using mine you can mail it back to me & yours will be on it's way. While you are waiting for your disc to come, keep bugging HP...nicely but persistent. They have gone to India & things are on a whole new time frame. I ordered mine on Jan 18th & got it yesterday.
post #9 of 11 Old 02-10-2008, 04:05 AM
johnep

View johnep's Photo Album My Photos
My son bought me an Epson Perfection 1250 scanner and it has been abosolutely brilliant. It will do almost anything except make breakfast.

I use a photo prog Photoimpression which came with my camera and a very old version of Paint shop pro which came free with a mag.

Still on XP and see no reason to change at present.
johnep
post #10 of 11 Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Hi John,
Would that I had the sense to do the same. I let the salesman talk me into Vista & have regretted it ever since. I have spent the most horrific 3 weeks in which thecnology has avenged itself on me for my general ignorance & abuse of same. I am a chastened woman.
Chris
post #11 of 11 Old 02-14-2008, 04:50 PM

View mmwood_1's Photo Album My Photos
welcome, fellow oregonian

Hi Chris, and welcome to the forum. I'm down in Corvallis. Don't get up your way much, except when I'm on my way to somewhere else. It's sure pretty, though. I hope you enjoy the forum and, like the rest of us, benefit from it here and there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode