Joined the site last night after doing a search for woodworking forums. Looking around for a bit, it looks like this would be an informative place to hang out!
I work out of a typical suburban 2 car garage, although I added about 100 sq ft to the garage during a family room addition about 10 years ago. Most of my tools are movable, either on casters, or muscled out into the open when needed (we still park two cars inside every night).
I like to do Shaker or Mission style stuff. A lot of Norm Abrams stuff is kind of the stuff I like to do. I've attached a few pics. Sorry for the "Lived-in" look of the photos, I never think to take photos until after I actually put the things into use. LOL.
1. Shaker wall clock, modeled after Norm's... Walnut, finished with Watco danish oil and paste waxed twice a year.
2. Oak Dry pantry. I built it to match our other dining room furniture. Used mission style hardware on it, finished with Min-wax stain, and polyurethaned.
3. Pine step-back cupboard. Used some 100 year old pine that was salvaged out of a Victorian that burned in Sacramento. Finished with Min-wax Polyshades.
4. A copy of Norm's pine blanket chest. Used a sanding sealer, and then Minwax stained it topped with Poly...
5. My desk. Built from pine, "shaker" style. I enjoy doing the tapered legs. Finished with Minwax Polyshade, Pecan, I think.
Look forward to visiting the site as much as I can, looking for inspiration on projects, tips and tricks.