Hello From Los Angeles - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

View Richard D.'s Photo Album My Photos
Hello From Los Angeles

My name is Richard Dragin, some of you may know me from one or two other forums. I work in the motion picture industry building sets and props and between shows I build furniture and sometimes do home improvements.

HERE is a link to pictures of some of my recent furniture. As you can see I have done several Hal Taylor rocking chairs.

I try and mix humor with sound advice and can sometimes be a bit blunt. I'm here to learn and share.

RD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum Richard.

It's great that you linked to your work but we really rather you use your albums on this site and or post things in the Project Showcase section.

Personally I couldn't see anything on the link but I have been having problems with flash on this computer and I'm not sure why or what else.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbrown View Post
Welcome to the forum Richard.

It's great that you linked to your work but we really rather you use your albums on this site and or post things in the Project Showcase section.

Personally I couldn't see anything on the link but I have been having problems with flash on this computer and I'm not sure why or what else.
Maybe I missed something in the community guidelines that I didn't bother to read but I didn't want to junk up the project forum with some older stuff I've made. I'll look into the album section and see what that's about.

You ought to update your Adobe software to the latest version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 02:28 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard D. View Post
Maybe I missed something in the community guidelines that I didn't bother to read but I didn't want to junk up the project forum with some older stuff I've made. I'll look into the album section and see what that's about.

You ought to update your Adobe software to the latest version.

The Album thing is me I like to look back and see stuff people make.

The on site hosting of pictures is preferred by the whole forum because it ensures the photo's will always be there as long as there's a forum.

As for the adobe upgrade it was and thats when the problem started. It mest up some of the other Adobe sofware i have also. Everything works in internet explorer but not Firefox so I'm getting closer to finding the problem. This is the wife's Laptop I get mine back tomorrow from the shop, Damn CPU fan went out.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
post #6 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbrown View Post
As for the adobe upgrade it was and thats when the problem started. It mest up some of the other Adobe sofware i have also. Everything works in internet explorer but not Firefox so I'm getting closer to finding the problem. This is the wife's Laptop I get mine back tomorrow from the shop, Damn CPU fan went out.
I had a similar problem on an older computer, updating the drivers cleared up a lot of issues. I ended up paying for a program called Driver Detective that automated the process. It can be done for free and there are probably many other programs available but that one worked well and has paid for itself many times over.

I'll post some photos in the project section.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-06-2012, 09:38 AM
ftk

View ftk's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome! I really like those rocking chairs, great work. Look comfortable as heck, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode