A little bit about myself. I've been woodworking as a hobby for 37 years or so. Carpentering for the last 22 or so.
For 20 years I built up my tool base, had most of the toys but had to sell all of it 12 years ago and move.
Since then I am slowly getting back to where I was.
Currently I have:
1. Hybrid 1 3/4 hp 220v table saw with Bisemyer 30"
2. 16" Jet surface planer
3. 6" Delta jointer
4. 1100 cfm Jet dust collector
5. 10" Craftsman radial arm
6. 60 gal compressor
7. 4" belt, 12" disc sander
8. (4) mitre saws (12",10", sliding, fixed,compound)
9. 11 various hand planes
10. A crapload of other hand and layout tools
11. Sanders, air nailers, vises, floor 2hp drill press
12. 100's of clamps and homade jigs
13. And a two stall garage that has to have two cars in it 6 monthes of the year
Here is one piece of work that made me cry. Two years of work, and I had the plane assembled out on the drive way. A dust devil came through while I was in the house and destroyed it.
I didn't have the cloth covering on it or the power plant in it so at least it wasn't 3 years of work down the Crapper
The wood plane was buit using the most basic tools.
Lots of spring clamps and clothes pins.
A plastic 10" Master Mechanic table saw mounted under a 16' x 4' work table.
Hand planes, and chisels.
Misc hand tools.
Since then I've made hearths and surrounds, cabinates (large and small), oak dog boxes, beds, and a 100 other little things.