Hello from Constantine - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 09-19-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

View realfEZ's Photo Album My Photos
Smile Hello from Constantine

Nice to be with you all,
My Name is Abd El Ghani AZZI, but you can call me fEZ.
I'm a toddler-woodworker, but glad to be here.
The forum seems great.
You can see some of my latest projects in my blog.

My Scroll Saw Projects

Best Wishes,
fEZ.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 03:02 PM

View jdixon's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome fEZ! Glad to have you aboard. This forum is great as there are a number of very talented folks who are always willing to share their knowledge. Great work on your scroll saw projects.

John
post #3 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the welcome jdixon.
Actually Scolling has become such a serious thing in my life, I've just moved to a proper working shop after only one month scrolling at home.

See you around.

Best wishes,
fEZ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-24-2008, 11:01 PM

View jdixon's Photo Album My Photos
Sounds good fEZ. Do you scroll for enjoyment or do you sell your items. What type of saw do you have? I have an older large throated Jet scroll saw that I picked up at a sale earlier this year but I just haven't had time to mess with it too much. I enjoy the small shapes and such that you can get scrolling. Again welcome to the forum and show us some more work when you get a chance.

John
post #5 of 6 Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Fez,
Welcome. I think you'll find this forum a lot of fun. Take some time to browse through some of the old topics. There's a lot of good reading here. Keep posting pictures of your projects. Nice job on the scroll work.
Mike Hawkins
post #6 of 6 Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile

Hi John,
Actually most of my works have gone gifts. I suppose that, seen by the mere woodlover, any scroll saw work looks fantastic. So I haven't sold anything yet, but this will hopefully not be long .
Since this was my first buy, I got a very cheap machine (34 from Screwfix!). Reading through diverse forums has improved my general culture, making my buying a proper machine an essential step. Again, objects with reduced performances, allow prospecting in directions high tech ones tend to hide. (Low Means Philosophy? )
I've just finished a week long cleaning process of the workshop. Lights and water are back on. but I'm still in the stage of finding the right place for everything : workbenches, board and racks are being moved every half hour before moving again... It's all so fun.

Hello Mike,
Thanks for the welcome.
I've found most woodworking forums more than courteous, and this one makes no exception.
Isn't Internet a woderful thing? In the space of few weeks, i have become the "shaman in the tribe", and a Scroll Saw Expert (in the absence of experts, of course ).
Today was virtually my first day back to scrolling (and other things) work. Enthusiasm is still there...

Good luck with your projects, All.

Best Wishes,
fEZ.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode