Hello from bleak and desolate NW Ohio - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 02-09-2009, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

View BORKBOB's Photo Album My Photos
Post Hello from bleak and desolate NW Ohio

Man, this is one long winter. I live where the high spots are grain elevators and if it weren't for the few trees that are left, I could see Kansas.

I am a woodworker via childhood slave labor (my name was "Hold This") and 20 years as a remodeling contractor that got into resotoration work. I did some incredible things with Craftsman 113. contractor saws.

A couple years ago a member of another forum declared that an aftermarket riving knife for table saws was an impossibility. Having slowed down a lot because of a bad back, I had the time to disagree. It took over a year, but I did it. So I guess I can add "inventor" to my creds.

I did not look for the policy re: commercial posts but I did respond to a thread in the safety forum. I intend to abide by the rules but I think you should know what's available when it comes to shop safety.

I intend to contribute to other topics as well 'cause I'm old and know a lot of stuff

Semper Fi

Please pray for our troops.

Bob Ross
theborkstore.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Thumb Nailer

View dbhost's Photo Album My Photos
You know Bob, you and your BORK are sort of internet famous...

Of course the other Bob Ross and his happy little trees and happy little waves and such is the subject of some conversation as well... (You aren't the curly haired PBS guy are you?)

By the way, Love the Swedish Chef avatar... One of my favorite muppets next to Beaker...

Interested in my woodworking, workshop and whatnot? See http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, want to see my other interests such as hunting, fishing, off roading, and camping? See http://wildersport-outdoors.blogspot.com
post #3 of 6 Old 02-09-2009, 03:51 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Bob,
Welcome to the forum. Nice introduction. I live in the more scenic and hilly northeastern part of Ohio. Could you elaborate a little more on your riving knife inventing, sounds interesting.
Mike Hawkins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

View BORKBOB's Photo Album My Photos
Host, I wasn't even thinking about the Muppets when I came up with the name. Another woodworker pointed it out and posted the avatar for me. I hope they don't come after me

Mike, Until the downturn for the big 3, I taught home improvement classes to UAW members. I made several trips to your neighborhood and in the spring and summer it was always nice to see so many trees.

The BORK is pretty simple. It's a bracket that holds a piece of angle. Attaching this bracket to different saws is the challenge. The angle contains a couple bolts for lateral and tilt adjustment the the attachment to the bracket allows for rotary and length changes.
Here's what I posted in the safety forum: http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f7/kickback-6787/index2/

Semper Fi

Please pray for our troops.

Bob Ross
theborkstore.com
post #5 of 6 Old 02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Nobody

View BHOFM's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
'cause I'm old and know a lot of stuff
Welcome, I tried that line and was stamped a "Bad Person"!

post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 PM
red
Papa Red

View red's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum. Red

Red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode