guess i should post something - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 01-27-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

View chris_klee's Photo Album My Photos
guess i should post something

Found this forum thru team contractors site.
I dabble in wood working from time to time. My college roomate was a pretty decient wood worker and i learned alot from him. my 2nd year we build a tv stand with a glass door, and a raised panel door with the side attatched to it that swung out as one piece. it was pretty cool but the design was flawed. The first thing i built by myself was a mini grandfather type clock i made my parents for christmas. it turned out pretty good and they still have it sitting by the fireplace.

The past couple years i have been doing some trim work here and there, and each time i do harder and harder stuff. i really like doing cool built up trim, fire place surrounds, built-ins, and i have even built a couple cabinets and a small bar cabinet with raised panel doors. i have done some stair rail work and really enjoyed it. most of my tools are good portable tools so i can take them to the job sites.

I am looking at buying a new house that has an awsome garage. 22x24 2-car garage with a 12x22 shop on the back of it. i am thinking that will be the wood working shop and the front of the garage can be for all my offroad fabricating stuff. hopefully it works out and i can do alot more wood working.

hope to get some good ideas for some projects on here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM

View woodman42's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the site Chris!
Keep us updated on the new house and shop.

Did you say tool sale?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode