Greetings from New Jersey - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
"Lets make some sawdust!"

View Artisan1993's Photo Album My Photos
Greetings from New Jersey

Hello fellow woodworkers! My name is Everett and I am 18 years old. I started woodworking my freshman year in high school in the intro to woodworking class offered there. I was instantly hooked and have been at it ever since. I also took the second level woodworking class at my high school which was cabinet making and furniture design which was essentially taking what you learned in intro to take on one long term project. I was actually in this class a second year as well through a special program offered in certain classes for students with particular talents. In addition to my initial education and work in school, I have designed and completed many projects at home as well as I began building up a small shop about three years ago. I just graduated from high school last year and I knew that woodworking was what I wanted to get into for a living and I have successfully begun that just a week ago when I found a job at a local cabinet making shop. Most of what they do is custom cabinetry either with laminated particleboard or veneered plywood. Although this is what my work is mostly associated with, my true talent and main focus is furniture making. I love this sort of fine work because I have a very artistic mind and pay great attention to designing detailed pieces with unique decoration. All in all, woodworking is something that has played a big role in my life and its something I will always be doing. Over time after getting more and more experience working in shops, I hope to find work that is more geared toward my nitch and I hope that one day I can make a living building and selling my own custom furniture. So that's my history with wood in a nutshell, I look forward to participating in the discussions on this website and gaining wisdom from those here who have been at this far longer than I have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-28-2011, 11:17 PM

View BigBull's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the boards, I look forward to seeing your work. Post up some pictures when you can.

"Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer, 'Am I worth dying for?'"

Eleanor Roosevelt
post #3 of 5 Old 10-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Trytore Member

View Shop Dad's Photo Album My Photos
Hey, welcome. Good to have more representation from The Garden State! Look forward to seeing your work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 10-29-2011, 12:48 AM
No Longer Here

View rrbrown's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome and ditto to the above.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos

Tags
introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode