Billiam - Gilbert AZ - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 06-17-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

View Billiam's Photo Album My Photos
Billiam - Gilbert AZ

No my name isn't Billiam, it's William and I got by Bill. My 8th grade science teacher called me that so now I use it on forums and such since 'Bill' or 'William' are just regular ole names. No offense if anyone has that as their forum name :)

My Grandpa was a engineer and cabinet maker. He helped design the concept of buildings sitting on rollers in earth quake areas. He had a ton of wood working tools in his garage and I used to watch him when ever we went to visit.

My dad picked up the bug as well and was always helping me make things like small boxes, catapults, pinewood derby cars etc.

I now have my own family and I refuse to pay for things like furniture, shelving, sheds, book cases, entertainment center (these are all on the project list). Especially if I think it will be cheaper and better quality. I'm currently working on a bunkbed from my two boys and it's looking great. I'll be sure to have photos up once it's done.

Thanks for having me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

View Sleeper's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Bill or Billiam. Sounds like you have a very interesting Grandpa and I hope to here more.
I am new her myself and pick up a lot of good information. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of good ideas.

JohnnyB
Im a die hard DIY guy. Dont tell me to hire someone for what I can do myself.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM

View RHarkins's Photo Album My Photos
My dad was a cabinet maker by trade & then became an electrical engineer. I too picked up the woodworking bug from him. I have the 'bug' but not the experience or skills to match & I do get a lot out of this forum. I'm sure you will too.
Again, welcome.
Ron H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Chester's Gorilla

View Streamwinner's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I now have my own family and I refuse to pay for things like furniture, shelving, sheds, book cases, entertainment center (these are all on the project list). Especially if I think it will be cheaper and better quality.
Amen, brother. Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Welcome Bill or Billiam. Sounds like you have a very interesting Grandpa and I hope to here more.
I am new her myself and pick up a lot of good information. There are a lot of good people here with a lot of good ideas.
Thanks John or Johnny or JohnnyB. :) I've been lurking a while myself and just thought that I was on way too many other forums to join another, but I'm glad I gave in.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHarkins View Post
I have the 'bug' but not the experience or skills to match & I do get a lot out of this forum.
Ron H
I sometimes think if I had some of the tools he has I could be just as good, but perhaps not.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamwinner View Post
Amen, brother. Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
Thanks for the welcome.
I've already posted my latest project - in progress.
http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/membe.../bunkbed-boys/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode