Beginner from WI - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

View myndflyte's Photo Album My Photos
Beginner from WI

Hey everyone, my name is Mitch. My wife and I bought a house over the winter and I finally have a garage to do things I've always wanted to. I'm pretty much a beginner when it comes to woodworking though, so I'm looking forward to absorbing as much information from this forum that I can. I have several projects I want to tackle this coming year but I also want to make sure I'm prepared.

Outside of that, my main other hobby is home brewing and I enjoy dabbling in computers. But anyway, I'm looking forward to learning and hoping at some point I can actually contribute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 08:35 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome!

Where in WI are you? My ancesters had some property near Tomahawk. My college buddy is from Appleton. Great place to live, just like Michigan. :smile3: I rode through there on my way to a Harley Roundup in Milwaukee.

As far as "contributing" just by asking a question, you contribute by getting different answers from the members here. Over the years I have also learned a lot from the members here, from links to other sites and from You Tube videos, all of which are great resources.

Learning how to search is important. This site's search engine is a bit finicky, so I use a larger search engine like Yahoo which can bring me back here if I plug in "woodworkingtalk" ahead of my topic.

Photos are another issue for some new members. You can use the paper clip in the tool bar above OR as I do, use "Manage Attachments" in the window below the text in your reply. Remember to click on "UPLOAD" on the far right, it's not visible unless you click "FULL SCREEN". You'll have to wait a few seconds for them to LOAD as well.

Here's to Ya.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 09:18 AM

View sanchez's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome from 'Stallis fellow cheese head!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM

View Collin Brendemuehl's Photo Album My Photos
Though I don't live there now I grew up in a little town called Bloomington.
Sending along some fresh curds -- well, at least a picture!
Attached Images

post #5 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

View myndflyte's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
Welcome from 'Stallis fellow cheese head!
Hello from Tosa!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-07-2017, 10:38 PM
novice wood hacker

View d_slat's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the forum from Sheboygan.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 AM

View still in the red's Photo Album My Photos
I lived in the Ghetto they call Racine for 35 years, but moved to North Carolina last year. 70's all week...
post #8 of 8 Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome here to this friendly WW forum, where there is always room for one more, and you get to choose how to make your sawdust. Have some great relatives in the Kaukauna area. Enjoy your stay, and be safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode