Beekeeper in Omaha, NE - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

View bigbearomaha's Photo Album My Photos
Beekeeper in Omaha, NE

Hello folks,

As the tagline says, I am a commercial beekeeper in Omaha, NE. Actually, I run a combination business that does live bee removals, placing bee hives for pollination, pest management and beekeeping supplies and equipment sales.

It is the last area, beekeeping supplies and equipment, that brings me here.

I currently build and sell bee hives for local beekeepers and build them myself.

Of course, I also build all the hives I use for my business myself.

My intent for joining a woodworking forum is two-fold to bee honest.

I am always looking for tips, ideas and advice to build a better bee hive.

and

I might be looking for someone in the local, Omaha, NE area who might want to take over building the hives that I sell for me because I am getting so darn busy in the bee removal, hive placement and pest management stuff, I have less and less time to build hives.

I promise, you will never have to worry about me trying to sell anything on this forum, but I will also honestly admit that I am always willing to discuss via private messages, emails or phone calls the possibility of someone building hives for me.

BTW...

Never ever ever ever buy a "Tradesman" brand tablesaw. I've regretted it from day 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 03:25 PM

View Roger Newby's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome from Syracuse, Nebraska...just south a little ways.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Well hello there neighbor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 06:52 PM

View Itchy Brother's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome,There ya go folks,an offer to teach ya how to make some extra cash.Bigbear,how much can they sell for?Also can ya post a few pictures for us?Thanks

***For the record*** Ive made hundreds of guitar bodies,never put one together and cant play a note.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

well, depends on how they are built, in what volume they are sold and if they are sold retail or wholesale, assembled or un-assembled.

this is what one looks like generally, though there are different sizes and types.

Now, to bee more specific, in my case, I am looking to buy them un-assembled, wholesale and in volume.

I will then turn around and assemble them and paint them on an as ordered basis for my retail customers.

It does me no good to buy them pre-assembled or in huge bulk amounts because the beekeeping industry is very up and down.

Last edited by bigbearomaha; 11-16-2010 at 07:18 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 07:31 PM

View jbwcakh's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearomaha View Post
Hello folks,

As the tagline says, I am a commercial beekeeper in Omaha, NE. Actually, I run a combination business that does live bee removals, placing bee hives for pollination, pest management and beekeeping supplies and equipment sales.

It is the last area, beekeeping supplies and equipment, that brings me here.

I currently build and sell bee hives for local beekeepers and build them myself.

Of course, I also build all the hives I use for my business myself.

My intent for joining a woodworking forum is two-fold to bee honest.

I am always looking for tips, ideas and advice to build a better bee hive.

and

I might be looking for someone in the local, Omaha, NE area who might want to take over building the hives that I sell for me because I am getting so darn busy in the bee removal, hive placement and pest management stuff, I have less and less time to build hives.

I promise, you will never have to worry about me trying to sell anything on this forum, but I will also honestly admit that I am always willing to discuss via private messages, emails or phone calls the possibility of someone building hives for me.

BTW...

Never ever ever ever buy a "Tradesman" brand tablesaw. I've regretted it from day 1

Hi I'm Jim from Bellevue, Ne...I must joined this group a bit ago and everyone here is very helpful, I've had a great experience so far. I'd love to get into business with you but I'm active duty AF and couldn't offer any kin of continuity, but I'm sure you'll find someone!

Jim
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

no problem, nice to meet you. next time you go out to Fontenelle Forest, ask if I am around. one of my beeyards is there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode