Another Novice Dust Maker - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 12-21-2010, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
novice dust maker

View midcent' dave's Photo Album My Photos
Another Novice Dust Maker

Good morning everyone. Nice to meet you all.

I've been hanging around for a while trying to learn a few tips and tricks that might help me set up my little basement shop. I ended up finding more great information than my brain can process. There is just soooo much to take in; and some amazing works being posted.

My family and I reside in the Midwest about an hour south of St. Louis, Mo. I have been dabling in wood for a few years, but never had a proper shop or any major direction I was going. Mostly have done remodeling projects and built some furniture for ourselves. I did carve high-end custom pipes for a while and may do that again someday when time allows.

Right now I'm looking to tool up a bit more and set up my tiny workshop so that I may actually be productive. I have a few modern nursery furniture pieces that I'm going to be making and a few other projects that folks want me to make. And I realized that my makeshift cutting and assembly routine was no longer going to cut the mustard.

I can't wait to learn all I can from the forum and so many talented folks.

Now I'm off to look at some of my new tools and figure out how the heck they are all going to go in the basement shop. CYA soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-21-2010, 12:45 PM

View JohnK007's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome Dave, glad to have you with us. Once you get the shop squared away post up a few pictures of it. Large or small, it doesn't matter. Seeing how someone else manages a small space can give someone else an idea that they can adapt for their own shop. I've "borrowed" many ideas from the folks here.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
novice dust maker

View midcent' dave's Photo Album My Photos
Will do.

Hi John. Thanks for the welcome.

I will do some pics for sure along the way. I'm about done cleaning the space completely out. We had some minor basement flooding so I'm gutting it and redoing most of it.

Of course I have 15 projects going at once, but most are now in hold until I make a real work space.

Guess I need to go post up some questions on where to go next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-21-2010, 10:36 PM

View Allen Tomaszek's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by midcent' dave View Post
Right now I'm looking to tool up a bit more and set up my tiny workshop so that I may actually be productive.
Welcome to the forum Dave. That's sounding like a logical reason to buy some new tools. Personally, I'm not sure I've ever thought it through that far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode