To all Newcomers - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 09-06-2009, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

View garryswf's Photo Album My Photos
To all Newcomers

A message to the newcomers just getting into woodworking. Joining this forum is probably the best first step you made if working with wood interests you. Never be afraid to ask a question, remember, there is no such thing as a dumb question, i know because in my life time i have asked a lot of dumb questions. As far as shop size, i think you will find, alot of the fellas' on this forum started with what was avalible and went from there. Shop tools, well that is a matter of what you feel you need and what you can afford, the guys on this forum can give you lots of great advise on that subject. The bottom line is this, building something out of wood, be it a nik-nak for the wife or building a fine piece of furniture for one of your family members, will give you great satisfaction and a sense pride. All woodworkers are not master furniture builders (that definatly includes me), but most will do the best they can with what they have, just because they enjoy what they are doing. I for one have been fiddeling with wood for years, but alot of the pictures of projects the guys on this forum have posted makes me feel like a beginner. Have fun making something that may well be around long after you are gone, but the person that has it is just as proud to own it as you were to build it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode