Trouble with Sketchup and 2x4 stud - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

View BanditGTP's Photo Album My Photos
Trouble with Sketchup and 2x4 stud

I'm sort of new to woodworking and definitely new to Sketchup. I've been playing around with Sketchup and now I'm hooked. I think I'll be drawing everything I ever need to build on Sketchup before I actually build it. I'm having a problem that I can't seem to figure out with regard to using Cutlist Ver4.1.
I'm trying to design a simple workbench at work using some plywood and 2x4 studs. The problem I'm having is if I have the stud situated with the 3 1/2" side facing forward, and then run Cutlist, it will show correctly on the CUTTING DIAGRAM. If I take that same stud and turn it so that the narrower side 1 1/2" side faces forward and then attempt to use Cutlist, I would get an error "SOME PARTS WERE LEFT WHICH COULD NOT BE PLACED ON GIVEN STICK. TRY LARGER SIZES."
I have no doubt I'm either missing something or doing something wrong but I can't seem to figure it out. I've tried to select different options before running Cutlist but I keep getting the same result.
I'm running this on a PC (not a MAC).
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 PM

View tke663's Photo Album My Photos
Im having similar issues and until now didn't realize what was causing it. I did a search for cutlist in this category and I was glancing around and this thread http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f29/cutlist-question-48699/ didn't really make sense to me until I saw yours. Might help if you still need it or didn't see this thread. its dealing with rafters but seems like the same issue. Im gonna try messing with it tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode