Problems with Installing LibFredo6 in Sketchup 2013 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 02-09-2014, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

View Sleeper's Photo Album My Photos
Problems with Installing LibFredo6 in Sketchup 2013

It wants Sketchup version over 5.0.160 and I know it’s supposed to work with Sketchup 2013 with an updated script for LibFredo6, but I can’t seem to find the update and the update function is not working.

JohnnyB
Iím a die hard DIY guy. Donít tell me to hire someone for what I can do myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-09-2014, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

LibFredo6 supports Sketchup versions 5 (>= 5.160), 6 and above. The problem lies in the Free version Sketchup 2013 because it reports version 13 and LibFredo6 sees the ď1Ē in 13 as less than 5. They are aware if the problem and rewrote the script to correct it which I have, but I do not know how to replace the script.

From what I can gather, only Members can download the corrected version ready to be downloaded and receive support installing it. They will not allow me to join because Iím listed as a spammer and require too much info to get off the list. http://sketchucation.com/forums/view...144178#p144178

Now if I install Sketchup version 8, I can get it to work without a problem. I just donít know if there are any important changes that are important to me between versions 8 and 13. Plus I would have to convert all my existing drawings back to 8

JohnnyB
post #3 of 6 Old 02-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Sawdust Wrangler

View mobilepaul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
They will not allow me to join because Iím listed as a spammer and require too much info to get off the list.
I have to ask, why are you listed as a spammer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilepaul View Post
I have to ask, why are you listed as a spammer?
I don't know, but I think its something else like a malware trap and I just don't trust it. it appears to be a secondary popup window that redirects me to a "service". I don't know but as soon as I saw what was going on, I shut it down as quickly as I could.

I hope its not malware already present on my computer reacting to the sign in process on the other forum, although I haven't had any complaints with anybody else.

JohnnyB

Last edited by Sleeper; 02-10-2014 at 08:24 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-10-2014, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

I decided to run Malwarebytes and cleaned out 11 modals, but none really looked like they would cause the problems I'm having.

Well I opened the script files and it appears that I may already have the corrected version of LibFredo6, but it’s just not working. I’m years behind in my programming skills and pretty rusty. It looks like JavaScript and I don’t know the latest syntax so I don’t want to attempt any changes.

I also saw some other talk on the forum about maybe needing an additional plug-in. I think I need to completely start over with the latest information.

I also noticed that I still have Version 8 on my computer and I'm going to give this plugin a try on it.

JohnnyB
post #6 of 6 Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Well I installed LibFredo6 in Sketchup 8 and it works perfectly. I then converted a drawing from Sketchup 13 to 8 and tried using the ďRoundcornerĒ tool which appears to be working, but it is not accepting my converted component. It say it is an invalid component or group.

I guess Iíll have to redraw it in Version 8 which isnít going to happen. So I give up because Iíve already spent too much time on this. Now for some woodworking time.

JohnnyB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode