Woodworking Talk banner

components

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  phinds 
#1 ·
Good day all. Ive been trying to do a 3d sketch of a fireplace surround and mantle. Instead of drawing my own crown molding, I thought it would be easier to download one from google. It seems that when I put it in my drawing I cant move it to where I want it. Can anyone explain how to install components and manipulate them.

#2 ·
I have not used components, so went out and downloaded a few, or at least a few that Google calls components. They are just SKP files created by someone else, so I do not understand how you can have a problem with them. Can you be more specific about what exactly it is that doesn't work?

Paul

#3 ·
12penny, I've found the biggest problem with downloading components from the web is that people use different scales and the positioning from your origin often isn't anywhere you want it to be. Once you've gotten it imported, though, you should be able to use the select tool and move it around like any object you've created yourself. You will have to select the entire object though, or it won't work. You can also modify and edit component you download.

Try the google help files and tutorials for components, they're actually quite good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.