Table saw sled with dust collection - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By difalkner
  • 1 Post By woodchux

post #1 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Wood machinist

View difalkner's Photo Album My Photos
Table saw sled with dust collection

There's really nothing new here but since I just built this I thought I'd post it. I have needed a table saw sled for some time but just kept putting it off, however, I have an ongoing project that is going to require I have one for many repetitive angled and beveled cuts so it was time to build it. One thing I hate about using my table saw is all the dust that flies back at me and covers me in dust but right now I don't really want to build an overhead dust collection system. So since I'll be using this sled often I figured why not build in a little dust control - right!

I already had the piece of Birch plywood from dismantling a shelf unit I build about 30 years ago so with a couple of 2x4's and some Maple for runners I had all the makings. Since I just finished building the CNC router and had some 1/2" MDF on hand so it just made sense to cut the dust collection parts on the CNC. I've only made one cut with the sled but it kept about 95% of the dust off of me so that's a good thing! Some of it still went in the air but I didn't have to wear it! LOL!

There are some other fixtures that will mount to the sled but those aren't ready yet. I'll post photos when I get that completed.

Parts on the CNC -

Sled -

Hooked likes this.

David

Curly Wood Shop on Etsy
David Falkner - Woodworking YouTube channel
Our music at church - current videos Airline Baptist BC Facebook Live
Romans 3:23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Great design and build - especially like the saw blade safety housing with the dust vac hose! Guessing your TS sled is about 18"x30". You will get a lot of use from that item. Thanks for sharing, and be safe.
difalkner likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode