Nothing innovative here, just wanted to share. Made a new diamond plate holder a few days ago. The first one I made was plywood, and it didn't hold up well against getting wet (I use water+Windex spray). The plywood layers started to separate and it didn't take long for the whole thing to get grungy and gross.
For this one, I started with a piece of pine 1x12. I considered a few waterproofing finishes and decided to give something else a try. I used Flex Seal - a spray can of liquid rubber. It works really well! The water beads up and is easily wiped off with a shop rag.
The strop is just leather glued to a piece of pine with contact cement. I wanted to keep the strop separate for a couple reasons, and it clamps up in the vice for easy use.
Time will tell how the Flex Seal holds up, but I'm optimistic.