Router Table Insert for Bosch 4100 Table Saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

View JollyRoger808's Photo Album My Photos
Router Table Insert for Bosch 4100 Table Saw

Hi All,

I have designed a router table insert for the table extension my Bosch 4100 Table Saw. It is heavily based on John White's design (FWW), but customized for the Bosch. My design has the dust port in the fence, so it only extracts dust from the top (No room in the bottom for a dust port). The router plate is Incra, but the Woodpecker and Bench Dog plates should also fit. Everything built from 3/4" (0.71") birch plywood scraps. The frame supports the plate dado on all for sides. The fence probably has too many ribs, but I wanted each clamp slot to be supported on two sides. Please let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Router Table 01.jpg
Views:	2760
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	47823  

Name:	Router Table 02.jpg
Views:	1689
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	47824  

Name:	Router Table 03.jpg
Views:	2292
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	47825  

Name:	Router Table 04.jpg
Views:	2534
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	47826  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-31-2012, 05:56 PM

View JohnCarter's Photo Album My Photos
Looks great - I've been looking for plans for my 4100. When do you plan on building it and would you be willing to share plans? Cheers!
post #3 of 5 Old 07-31-2012, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarter View Post
Looks great - I've been looking for plans for my 4100. When do you plan on building it and would you be willing to share plans? Cheers!
Hi John,

I have already started building it... And the results are less than satisfactory. In this design I used a single sheet of 3/4 ply for the top, supported by a frame. My thoughts were that the frame would pull the top flat. That didn't happen... I am now experimenting with two pieces of 3/4 ply glued and screwed together. Will update and make final plans available as I go along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-02-2012, 11:12 AM

View JohnCarter's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for the response and status update on the build. Was your ply dead flat before assembly?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-05-2012, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarter View Post
Thanks for the response and status update on the build. Was your ply dead flat before assembly?
I honestly did not check, because I thought the frame would pull it straight. I know better now... I'm working on a new insert, that uses two layers of ply for the top, and aluminum angles for a floating frame. Will update with details as I make progress.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode