I just invested in the Wood Slicer from highland woodworking for my 14" Grizzly G0555LANV. Before this blade I was using a 4TPI 1/2" blade from a local blade shop. I was able to resaw my large 8/4 stock with relative ease, and there were very little issues.
Now, it seems that I am unable to resaw in a straight line, even free hand. I get so much blade drift it's insane. Here's what I've done in my setup for the Wood Slicer, and my previous blade, I desperately need help to fix this issue!!
1. Blade is square with the table. --Performed the WWGOA trick to test if the cuts are perpendicular, and adjusted accordingly.
2. Fence adjusted to the drift in the wood slicer.
3. Guide bushings are as close as possible without touching the blade top and bottom.
4. Blade is tensioned properly (or at least I think) 1/4" give when pushed with thumb.
5. The stock has one straight edge, cut with Festool Track saw.
6. Stock has one straight face, which is lined up along my resaw fence I made, which worked perfectly well with the previous blade.
What have I done to mess this up?
Here are what the cuts look like free hand.....
I am resawing a 10" piece of 6/4. And I get this insane amount of movement on the bottom of the cut.
Top of piece:
Bottom of piece:
As you can see from the bottom piece photo, the cut moves from the right to left. I didn't want to cut down the center, I wanted to cut off center.