Rain definitely didn't help, but it wasn't catastrophic. We tested it and it will hold a 6 foot ladder in both positions. Still, lessons learned from the first version. I need smaller nobs to adjust legs and different bolts that won't spin to tightening. The folding legs must be aligned better and perhaps a different type of hight adjustment more similar to furniture leg adjustments, but won't dig into the surface below.
The original version used construction grade plywood which makes adjustment difficult at best and finally I need a way to attach the top platform to the base and still make it removeable.
Still not a difficult build nor particularly time consuming once I know exactly where I'm going with everything and it's not particularly expensive to make. Once every detail is nailed down I figure the cost to be less than $50, possibly much lower.
I figured it's time to change my signature so hold your breath. This is it.
Marty or Marty Farty if you feel mean.