Teknatool Voyager DVR Drill Press - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 11-09-2016, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

View 4DThinker's Photo Album My Photos
Teknatool Voyager DVR Drill Press

http://www.teknatool.com/?product=no...vr-drill-press

I first saw this drill three years ago in a Youtube video when it was just a prototype at a trade show.
They now are selling a production version, and I bought one for my shop. It arrived yesterday and I've only had a short while to play with it after getting it put together.

I have both a floor standing Delta and a bench mounted Wen drill press in my two shop spaces. Nothing I can remember that needed to have a hole drilled in it that I couldn't accomplish with one of those two presses. I bought it purely on faith that the features it has will eventually let me do better (best speed for the bit used, best control of) all the previous things I've done on a drill press, and let me do new things I've yet to imagine that could NOT be done safely or at all on every previous drill press.

No belts, direct drive. Variable speed from 50rpm to 5000rpm. Load sensing. Digital automatic depth stop. Tapping. Etc..

Just wondering what the rest of think of this press? Got mine from acmetools.com with a $150-off coupon code. Still expensive.

4D
The Following User Says Thank You to 4DThinker For This Useful Post:
Toolman50 (11-09-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM

View mikechell's Photo Album My Photos
Technology is always cool. Not always necessary, but cool.

If I was at the drill press all day long, then it might make things easier. I don't drill enough holes to need this.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-09-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

View 4DThinker's Photo Album My Photos
I teach furniture design to college students, and the drill presses we have in our college shop see much abuse, generally never have their belts changed over to change the speed for a cut, and don't well convey the value of using a correct bit speed for the size/type of bit used on different materials. We get by, and get things done, but this is one machine/area where the DVR's technical abilities would "teach" proper drill press practices.

They need to add a quill guard to meet upcoming OSHA standards before we can put a new one in our shop.

4D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode