O'Skool miter gauge fence - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By wayneh

post #1 of 1 Old 12-01-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

View wayneh's Photo Album My Photos
O'Skool miter gauge fence

I got my table saw free from a curb alert on Craigslist. I pulled up and grabbed it just as the scrappers' truck rounded the corner in the next block!

Of course it had a dull blade and no accessories but the price was right. An upside of that means I can add upgrades without being tempted to "get by" with the original, crappy blade and miter gauge. I have a nice miter chop saw and have not been in a hurry to get a miter gauge for the table saw. I built myself a sled for the table saw but I'm in a project now where the sled isn't an option and so I need a decent miter gauge even just to cut 90.

The price on this model dropped to ~$72 a few days ago and so I pulled the trigger.
O'Skool
O'Skool miter gauge fence-oskool.jpg

O'Skool miter gauge fence-oskool2.jpg

It's got a 4-1/2 star rating on Amazon. I haven't actually used this tool yet but I'm very impressed with the heft, the build quality, and at least an appearance of high quality and precision. One feature I like is that there are 4 spring-loaded ball bearings in the bar that adjust so you can tweak it to fit your table slot. With those dialed in, it's super solid. I'm looking forward to using it.

The Kreg equivalent is also an awesome looking (and highly rated) tool and also came down in price to ~$81 recently. I may well have bought that one if I had known about the price!
woodnthings and mjadams61 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode