FreudFreud LM75R010 10-Inch by 30t TCG 5/8-Inch Arbor Glue Line Rip Saw Blade - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

View wndopdlr's Photo Album My Photos
FreudFreud LM75R010 10-Inch by 30t TCG 5/8-Inch Arbor Glue Line Rip Saw Blade

I have used nothing but Forrest blades for many years, but, having been given a job that will require a lot of ripping on 8/4, 6/4, and 4/4 very dry Red Oak, I decided to try out this blade. Other reviews and a recent article in a magazine gave me some comfort, but I remained skeptical. Forrest is a tough act to follow.

Having now ripped all of the 8/4 RO, I can easily reccomend this blade. The cut is not quite as smooth as a Forrest, but is easily acceptable. There is no burning or marking, and I suspect that I will be able to glue up tops right from the saw without having to run the boards through a jointer.

The blade is almost half price of the Forrest, the plate is .0050 thinner, but the carbide is the same width . The carbide tip is considerably smaller, so the blade will not give the number of sharpenings of the Forrest, therefore, over the long haul, the money will probably be similar.

I will continue to use the Forrest blade as my "go to" blade because I don't have to switch it out between ripping and crosscutting, but for a big rippping job, this blade just makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 PM

View haugerm's Photo Album My Photos
thanks for the review. I've been thinking about this blade lately.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 12:26 PM

View howarddavidp's Photo Album My Photos
I have this blade. It does give me smooth cuts, ready to go right to glue.

I have left it on for this whole week, so I have been using it for everything, including crosscuts. No issues, I just cut a jewelry box in 1/2 for my wife with this blade, no chipping and it did better than expected.

I also used it to rip some wet pressure treated 2x4's into 1/3's the width side for making adirondack chair slats, it did this well. I did have to run the slats through the planer to even it out, but that was the fault of my fence and NOT the blade.

So, I would give a thumbs up, bought this online and got it real cheap.

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to howarddavidp For This Useful Post:
Jake80 (08-21-2012)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode