Want to buy Oscillating Spindle Sander - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Location: Amidst of 1000 acers of crawfish ponds under a 500 year old Oak grove. SW La
View Handyman's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to Handyman
Want to buy Oscillating Spindle Sander

I am looking for a oscillating spindle sander used, or a really great deal on a like new one. I like old tools, Delta, Rockwell, Craftman, But will take what I cant get. I have one job to do so I am not looking for a investment, just a tool.

Collector of Old Tools
Fixer of all things broke
Expert = Drip under pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-26-2008, 09:57 PM

View wood138's Photo Album My Photos
Try the HD I have a rigid it works great I think it is about $200.00
worth the money. Joe
post #3 of 7 Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 AM

View End Grain's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wood138 View Post
Try the HD I have a rigid it works great I think it is about $200.00
worth the money. Joe
I've had one and it's an excellent piece of equipment. Lightweight and very portable but also very stable on its own. Still $199 at Home Depot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-07-2008, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Location: Amidst of 1000 acers of crawfish ponds under a 500 year old Oak grove. SW La
View Handyman's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to Handyman
I went to Home Depot and looked at the one they sell and it is Nice. I may have to buy it, but I was hoping to find a good used one for half HD new one. Thanks for your replies, but if you found me a good used one, you would be my hero. I saw a few on ebay at a good price, but shipping would eat me up.

Collector of Old Tools
Fixer of all things broke
Expert = Drip under pressure
post #5 of 7 Old 03-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Thumb Nailer

View dbhost's Photo Album My Photos
Not sure if they still have it, but HF was selling a Delta I think it was, oscillating spindle sander for like $119.00 or so...

Interested in my woodworking, workshop and whatnot? See http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, want to see my other interests such as hunting, fishing, off roading, and camping? See http://wildersport-outdoors.blogspot.com
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 AM

View jistincase's Photo Album My Photos
Just a quick word of advice if you buy the one from HD. It is a really nice sander but it has a small drawback that you need to watch out for. The drum that is uses is made of aluminum and the shaft is steel. What will happen over time you will get some electrolisis from it and the drum will seize up on the shaft then you can't get it off. To prevent this take a small amount of antiseize and coat the spindle before you use it. I am an old mechanic and if you didn't use that on spark plug going into an aluminum head the next trip out you would be putting in heli-coils on the car. (what a pain that can be). Other than that it is a great little sander for the price, just remember to keep the spindle lubed with that anti-seize. I guess that I should mention that I worked at HD in the tool department so I have first hand knowledge of this.

Last edited by jistincase; 04-11-2008 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling
post #7 of 7 Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 PM

View Bob Willing's Photo Album My Photos
I bought a Performax at Menards for $89.00 NEW and this one has a cast iron table( the max size is 3" and the dust collector works great with a 2" vacuum connection. I use it all of the time and no longer use my drill press with a drum sander. The $89.00 was the sale price.

Last edited by Bob Willing; 07-08-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode